Well, it's time to stay outside and use all of that fitness we gathered during the summer to push slightly (yeah right) heavier bikes.
The ride will be at a social pace which will vary depending on the bike that you ride. This will not be as fast as the first two rides. I've heard comments that they were too fast and I'm listening and want to slow them down so we can stay more as a group to say 12 - 14 mph as a average.
I'm a realist though and I know some people will can can want to go faster. If you can and don't wish to wait, go for it. All bikes are welcome be it fat, mountain, CX, hybrids, wider tire are preferred as this ride will set the stage for winter riding.
Road bikes are welcome but not recommended because you will probably get bored by the pace. We will meet next to Punch Pizza Lake Calhoun and have lunch there after the ride. The route will include riding on the Greenway and looping around the lakes. Expect to ride around 20 miles. Temperatures are beginning to cool so please make sure that you are dressed appropriately and have proper gear.
Please note: Proper group riding etiquette is expected of all riders at all times and courtesy towards others is expected. Of course anything can happen with the weather, so please watch this site for updates. RIDE NOTES:
• For your benefit, a link to weather forecast: www.accuweather.com
• Helmets are required - please bring and wear a properly fit helmet.
• All riders need to have a signed waiver on file. Previous riders do not have to fill out a new form, but new riders to the group need to fill out a waiver. Here is the link to the form: http://files.meetup.com/1152206/TCBMWaiver.doc. It is always more efficient to bring along a completed form.
• Bring a functional spare tube and bike lights
• Bring your sense of humor and a sense of adventure
Look forward to seeing you!