addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

TechExeter Meetup Group Message Board › Meetup days

Meetup days

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi all

I just joined. I live in Exmouth, but can't make Tuesday's meetup. Are the meet ups always on Tuesdays? Is there a possibility this might move to a Thursday in the future?

I'd like to come along to listen and possibly to talk if there's interest in what I do. I hold a lot of brown bag sessions at work to share knowledge in our team. I'm sure I'd enjoy sharing the little I know with like minded people.

Thanks and hope to meet up soon. :)
Bernhard
A former member
Post #: 2
Is there anybody out there?
Just nod if you can hear me,
Is there anybody home?
John N.
user 13792111
Stavanger, NO
Post #: 1
Yeah, we're looking at a few different dates for the next one in February. The Phoenix have the Animated Exeter festival on at that time so there it's getting a bit hard to grab a room.

If you want to do a quick 10minute knowledge share at the next one let me know, I'll book you in for it.

-john
A former member
Post #: 3
I'd love to, but since I'm new, I have no idea of the level or fields people are interested in.

I could do
- C#
- Nuget
- JavaScript modules / patterns
- PhoneGap
- PhoneGap Build
- QUnit
- TDD
- Git

As an example, you could see my screen cast on building an Android app with PhoneGap (http://vimeo.com/3159...­) to know if my style and pace is suitable. I'd have to speed things up a lot, or cover the topic at a higher level to squeeze it into 10 minutes.

What do you think?
John N.
user 13792111
Stavanger, NO
Post #: 2
So this meetup we had presentations on personal projects, designing for emotion and Less.css.

The general rule is 3 10 minute presentations on Buiness, Design and Development. 10 minutes is great for an introduction or teaser presenataion and doesn't take to much preparation. Any of the topics sound relevant. Come along to the Christmas drinks if you're available on the 16th and we can have a better chat about it. I'd follow the #ExeterWebDev hash tag on twitter for more upto date happenings or keep an eye on the still in development http://exeter-web.org...­ website.