A group for both technical and non-technical professionals to discuss web, mobile, and data application development at a management level.
We aim to create an open, non-sales type environment to help folks learn more about technology around the areas of cost, risk, viability, and hiring, even if they don't know how to code, run a server, or launch an app.
For our first meeting, we're going to start with the basics by explaining the separation of Front-end and Back-end for web and mobile development:
* What separates the Front-end and the Back-end?
* How does a typical application fit in these schemes?
* What kinds of folks do you need to hire for work on both sides?
* Where do things blur between them?
We like meetups that respect everyone's time, so we aim to follow this schedule:
* 6:30pm - Doors Open/Networking
* 7:00pm - Presentation & Questions
* 8:00pm - Follow-up/Networking
* 8:30pm - Doors Close
Our meeting will be hosted at Built Interior:
* 1833 McGee St, Kansas City, MO, 64108
* Cross-streets: E 19th St and McGee St
* Parking: Free Lot (rear) and Street (front) is available
* KC Street Car stop nearby at Main & 19th
If you have specific questions or topics for this event, please send your inquiries to:
Megan Schemmel at [masked]