Techmap Message Board › new London startup looking for talent - Marketing Manager
Company: Shopitize Ltd.
Role: Marketing Manager
Shopitize Ltd. is a powerful new platform to transform shopping and the way that customers and brands interact. At the heart of this interaction is loyalty, and at Shopitize, we believe it can be done better. And so do our investors. We are now ready to scale our team and to bring on board a Marketing Manager to join the team to make the vision a reality. This is a rare opportunity to join an early stage London-based start-up with an international management team and global ambitions and to shape and deliver marketing strategy that will drive user acquisition for our mobile platform and create a community to advocate the Shopitize brand.
About the Role:
- Live and breathe marketing, mobile and shopping? Shopitize is currently seeking a creative, eager, intelligent and resourceful Marketing Manager with a strong mix of traditional and digital marketing capabilities to join our team. Partnering closely with the Chief Product & Marketing Officer and the Founders, you will drive the development and execution of the marketing strategy that will drive the user acquisition, retention and creation of a community of Shopitize evangelists.
- This role is perfectly suited to an entrepreneurial marketing professional who thrives on growing a user base from inception past the tipping point. You’ve been here before and are tenacious in finding the right formula for success.
- Analytical and metric driven, you have a creative flair for getting more out of a limited marketing budget than anyone thought possible. Driven, you roll-up your sleeves and focus on the key activities that can move the dial to make
an ambitious start-up to achieve something great.
• develop and execute a multi-channel marketing strategy and plan to acquire and retain users;
• create Shopitize messaging and branding used in all web content and sales materials;
• develop content for all chosen media channels and partner with appropriate media to aid in development;
• establish and maintain Shopitize’s presence across the web- from our homepage to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc.;
• execute your user acquisition strategy including viral marketing campaigns, SEO optimisation, blogger and online communities outreach, and various offline campaigns; select appropriate tools for monitoring effectiveness of our digital campaigns;
• build relationships with the online and traditional press including journalists, bloggers, opinion formers and key influencers;
• be the voice of the consumer in the product development process, gathering user feedback during beta and throughout commercial launch and driving into the Product Team;
• establish effective marketing reporting to support business decision-making. Create an efficient marketing function through the adoption of professional marketing approaches and processes;
• stay ahead of the curve on social media developments; monitor the social media and competitive landscape, and identify key trends and developments and regularly update the Senior Management Team, bringing new media ideas to the table;
• participate in development of the marketing budget, target setting and managing budget to achieve agreed KPIs;
• provide marketing support in pitching to brands and retailers, when required.
Experience and skills:
- minimum BA/BSc degree with a strong academic record;
- Three to six years experience in traditional and digital marketing at a corporation, an agency or a start-up;
- a successful track record in developing and implementing marketing strategies for early stage products;
- experience in finding, targeting, and mobilizing online opinion leaders who can aid our viral efforts;
- innovative thinking, creative problem solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing requirements and technologies;
- entrepreneurial drive, high motivation, and goal-orientation ability to deliver to tight deadlines;
- excellent communication and outstanding writing skills;
- a proven professional dedication and a personal obsession with mobile, shopping and an in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and online marketing techniques, as well as their impact and relevance from a business perspective;
- strong analytical and research skills; demonstrated experience with mobile/web analytics;
- strong computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Adobe Design Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat), Wordpress/Blogger/Tumblr;
- experience launching mobile apps in Android Marketplace and iTunes is a PLUS;
- fluent English speaker;
- battle scars and sense of humour requisite.
This is a demanding but enormously rewarding role where you are critical to achieving success. If you see yourself as a mobile marketing guru and digital trail blazer, we would love to hear from you. To apply please send us your CV along with a cover letter to Shopitize@gmail.com telling us more about what drives you and your interest in Shopitize.