addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Bay Area Backcountry Buddies Message Board › Interest in Backpacking over Memorial Day weekend?

Interest in Backpacking over Memorial Day weekend?

A former member
Post #: 1
There's some trips already happening, but maybe demand is greater than supply right now? Let me know if you'd like to go backpacking somewhere (maybe Lost Coast).

I'm not quite familiar with less traveled trails around CA, so I'd appreciate someone co-planning this with me. Let me know if you're interested and we'll put something together.

Agata
A former member
Post #: 3
I'm happy to co-plan! I can leave Friday after work. Does anyone mind if it's dog-friendly? Lost Coast sounds beautiful!
sowmya
sowmya
Redmond, WA
Post #: 2
Hello
I am really interested I can help to plan
Please let me know if there are plans.
Sowmya
A former member
Post #: 2
Great- dogs are more than welcome of course :)

Any ideas on where to go?
We'd probably leave Friday afternoon- camp at the trail head Friday night and head out until Monday afternoon.

Sabrina S.
user 12159048
San Rafael, CA
Post #: 1
Would love to join you all. I've been wanting to see the Lost Coast for awhile! I can leave Friday and drive or carpool.
A former member
Post #: 3
Hi guys,

I've been swamped with work this week and haven't gotten around to posting this trip as an event. I'm thinking of going on a few day hikes this weekend instead. If you'd like to lead and plan an event to the Lost Coast this weekend, please feel free. Sorry for not coming through- I'm hoping to post it for a coming weekend soon.
A former member
Post #: 5
Hi, this week got away from me, too. I'm still determined to sleep outside this weekend.

Check out this discussion. The trip organizer seems to have a location in mind and it's dog-friendly. Maybe we could get a small group together afterall?
http://www.meetup.com...­

Lost Coast sounds great! Another time?
A former member
Post #: 143
a reply to the same above cited thread:

I haven't done this trip, but about 10 miles round trip, dogs are allowed, i forgot to ask about fires...the road to the trailhead takes about 45 minutes but the area is pretty, has sort of a yosemite feel because of granite rock faces.

http://www.fs.usda.go...­

el dorado national forest - amador county portion--209-295-4251

http://forecast.weath...­