addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Bay Area Backcountry Buddies Message Board › Mineral King Loop, Aug 8-11th

Mineral King Loop, Aug 8-11th

Anne
sorcha7
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 9
Hey All,

I've got a permit for 4 for a 4 day trip (Aug 8th-11th) out of the Mineral King trailhead in Sequoia. My car can comfortably hold 3 folks plus gear, so I am looking for up to 2 people to join me, although we could do 4 total if somebody with a bigger car can drive. Here is the itinerary:

Thurs Aug 8th: Depart early, early from SF (say 5:30) for a 5 hr drive to the Mineral King trailhead. Backpack ~7 miles over Timber Gap to a site near to the Pinto Creek (2500ft climb (8K->9.5K->7k->8K)).

Fri Aug 9th: Backpack ~ 10 miles over Black Rock Pass (3500 ft climb (8K->11.6K->10.5K)) to a site near to Big Five Lakes (10.5K).

Sat Aug 10th: Backpack ~8.4 miles to Columbine Like (1300 ft climb (10K->9.6K->10.9K)) to a site near to Columbine Lake

Sun Aug 11th: Backpack ~5 miles out via Sawtooth Pass (600 ft climb (10.9K->11.5K->8K) with a ~4 miles side trip option to Crystal Lake if desired. Drive back to SF arriving late.

Here is EveryTrails map/description of the classic loop: http://www.everytrail...­.

I am a decently strong, decently fast hiker. I'd love company for the trip. Drop me a line if you are interested.

Anne
escape_reality2005@yahoo.com