Salmonberry Trail Guided Hike
This guided hike will be lead by the Salmonberry Trail Foundation Executive Director, Caroline Fitchett. She is graciously offering her time so that we can see first hand the history and vision for what will eventually be a rails-to-trails hiking path connecting Stub Stewart State Park Trail to Tillamook, OR. Currently, the trail is closed to hiking for the general public but we will have exclusive access.
- We plan to hike a 4 mile section starting near the town of Timber, OR.
- Due to limited parking, those participating will need to carpool from the Sunset Transit Center Max Station.
- MEETING TIME at the Sunset Trimet MAX Station: 8:00am. Let's try for the 4th(top) level parking area in SW Corner.
- We will drive approximately 40 min to the trailhead.
- Parking location and directions will be provided to participants prior to next Friday.
- While this will be a casual, educational walk along an undeveloped trail, please ware sturdy shoes and bring a snack and water.
- If enough interest, we can stop by the McMenamins Roadhouse on Cornelius Pass Road for lunch and beverages.