Have you ever made a trip to the grocery store with the purpose of buying "healthy food" - only to circle the shop 3 times, feeling completely overwhelmed with where to even start looking?
Don't worry - you're not the only one!
Nutritionist Melissa Robinson and The Raw Food Girl Tamara Brown will help you understand how to read food labels is often very confusing - we don’t have the time to spend trying to work out what they mean and how to use them. However, a few quick tips can make shopping for healthy food a whole lot easier (and cheaper!). Knowing what nutrition information to look for, helping you make the best choices for your health and avoid unnecessary saturated fat, added salt, added sugars and empty calories.
TOPICS OF DISCUSSION
- Deciphering food labels: What should we be looking for?
- The facts and the fiction behind food labels.
- Additives and preservatives and how they are affecting your health.
- How to get your kids hooked on healthy foods.
- The food and mood connection.
- Hands on food prep and lifestyle application.
ON THE MENU
- The Busy Parent's Protein Shake
- Apricot Squares
EARLY BIRD TICKETS $25 until June 15th. After this date they revert to full RRP $34.
Recipes and nutritional info will be given to each participant. Kids are invited to come with you at no additional cost - they will be provided with healthy snacks, colouring in and quiet activites.
See you there!