addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The 912 Project-Nebraska Message Board › Nelson makes it Heineman's choice. Let's call him!

Nelson makes it Heineman's choice. Let's call him!

Suzanne and Doug C...
user 9315782
Omaha, NE
Post #: 176
Another thought would be to demand that the Nebraska Attorney General prosecute Obama, Reed and others for bribing Nelson with our money and prosecuting Nelson for accepting a bribe!

I think that's a great idea. I received a call from Rassmussen pollsters last night asking questions about Nelson and Heineman. They wanted to know if I would vote for Heineman in a senate race against Nelson, among other things. I'll be looking for the results of the poll on the news.

Suzanne
Meg
MegID
Lincoln, NE
Post #: 263
Another thought would be to demand that the Nebraska Attorney General prosecute Obama, Reed and others for bribing Nelson with our money and prosecuting Nelson for accepting a bribe!

I think that's a great idea. I received a call from Rassmussen pollsters last night asking questions about Nelson and Heineman. They wanted to know if I would vote for Heineman in a senate race against Nelson, among other things. I'll be looking for the results of the poll on the news.

Suzanne

An article about the Rasmussen poll results:

Election 2012: Nebraska Senate
Health Care Vote Puts Nelson 30 Points Down in Reelection Bid

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The good news for Senator Ben Nelson is that he doesn’t have to face Nebraska voters until 2012.

If Governor Dave Heineman challenges Nelson for the Senate job, a new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey shows the Republican would get 61% of the vote while Nelson would get just 30%. Nelson was reelected to a second Senate term in 2006 with 64% of the vote.

Nelson's health care vote is clearly dragging his numbers down. Just 17% of Nebraska voters approve of the deal their senator made on Medicaid in exchange for his vote in support of the plan.

Overall, 64% oppose the health care legislation, including 53% who are Strongly Opposed.
In Nebraska, opposition is even stronger than it is nationally.
http://www.rasmussenr...­
A former member
Post #: 495
I think Todd said it best, Howard. Those who are able to work and choose not to are the ones i meant need to be targeted, not those who have an actual reason they are unable to work. "Professional welfare recipients" was not meant to include persons who cannot work, only those who take every advantage they can of those who do. Unemployment compensation, for example, serves a useful role, but, it is only a temporary measure. Welfare compensation should likewise have a finite ending date, i think. Legitimate disability benefits, however, should not be messed with.
Thank you Scott! I have been waiting to hear your response. As a true blue hippie from 1967 to 1973, we discussed snitches. They were lower than a "snakes belly." I was always a pretty smart guy, but I lacked wisdom. Wisdom can only be attained with age.

After going through this ordeal, I have snitched (unapologetically) on five people who have been living off of government benefits, that can and some who do, make money (cash). Four of the five no longer receive aid. One was charged with government fraud.

I strongly appeal to any of you, who happen to know someone getting aid, who you KNOW doesn't deserve help. Perhaps then my wife will get her benefits sooner.

i lost a couple of friends for this reason. i couldn't watch them abuse the system on my tax dollars. i never turned them in though and thats where i find fault in myself but after hearing your story howard i will from now on because your wife deserves to live. i just found out that i am pregnant and now i cannot have my surgery. i have a really good job that has been covering my disability for about 6 months now but i fear now that they will not be so generous since i will have to wait 8 to 9 months now for surgery and so i may be having to get help as well....ive always taken care of myself and never taken what i dont need but now i may have no choice. i hope things work out for you and yours.
A former member
Post #: 867
You'll be in my prayers too Aimee. For a proud person like I had always been, just asking for help was hard in the beginning. I wrote an autobiography a couple of years ago, but I knew it needs to be structured better to be successful. I tell you this because the name of the book is; "YOU MUST BE NORMAL." Polio children were treated differently than any other type of disability. The name of the book is what was pounded into our heads all through therapy and school. I went to the hospital at four months old and never left until I was three and a half years old! If we cried or refused to do the therapy, they would tell us, "you won't be able to have your Sunday visit." The Dr.s thought that seeing the family too much would make the kid want to go home and not exercise. I was lucky to have been born in Des Moines. They had a school there that was donated by a doctor for physically disabled kids. I could always look around and see some kid much worse off than me.

Between all of this and having a father that always said, "Brown's give charity, not take it," you can imagine how hard it was for me to ask for help doing ANYTHING! After I was diagnosed with Post-Polio-Syndrome, all of the rules changed. I was now told if there was someone else there, ask them to help or ask them to do it. Conserve rather than push myself. If I didn't, thing would deteriorate sooner. It took me a while to get used to, but I could see what was happening to my body.

A social worker was the person who helped me understand that I had paid my dues and accept or even DEMAND my benefits.