addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The 912 Project-Nebraska Message Board › The GOOOH Movement Get out of our House

The GOOOH Movement Get out of our House

A former member
Post #: 167
If I hurt any body's felling tuff, this more at stake than feeling

I Wont event get in to this rep vs dem nonsense (as a registered republicans they has also lost they way)

1. Do you Believe in the Constitution and that a candidate should be Constitutionally sound and being willing to vote based on the Constitutionality of any bill YES or NO - it is that simple

2. The GOOH is concept is very logical in nature will they remove all 435 member maybe not, people will vote for who that want at the end of the day. Hopefully not based on the logic here (one is better than other and that is only choice.) But instead the logic of a Constitutionally sound vote or candidate that is Constitutionally and willing back it up in writing..

3. How many times have people voted for hype and glitz or fear, and not on the facts to wake the next mooring or next week to realize, that now they have BAD CASE of buyers remorse. Making all kind of excuse then complaining about there choice saying stuff if only would have known I would never for voter for X, that what you get for not maybe a wise choice based on facts, and once they realized there mistake it to late think about that..

4. This is the kind of talk that brought us to were we today, we must travel a new path one of Constitutionality. These are the facts or we should just leave the pesky Constitution in trash were most of the elected office have put it in the first place..

5. If ABC corp. run fine for 20 years, the a new management team takes over only to realize that in 1-2 years later it has reduced sales and productivity and is now on the verge of going out of Biz or bankrupt. The board of directors for that company will replace them it only logical, I see all the time if my line of work… why then is this any different.. The board of directors is (we the people) if there not doing a bad job the why replace them!!!!!!!

6. Let look at the voting record and the action of all of them !!!! the you be the judge

7. Don’t put words in my mouth I think both side are wrong and the argument that 1 better than they other is so flawed. 200 years of dem vs rep has brought us were we today. If don’t see than you are asleep

8. The founders never envisioned this kind of infighting of to private orgs that have no actual ties to the Federal government and yet they control everything.. humm they also never invasion that people would be so brainwashed in thinking that these groups would be so powerful and forget there place in the republic

9. There is no text any where in our Constitution, oaths office, law or mandate from GOD etc.. that says that we must have allegiance to a any party.. Very SAD to think that some actual do think that.

10. Goooh requires candidates to submit a 100 question screening process then they are chosen by there peers based on those answers and then they must sign legal contract the they will not vote against what they put as answers in this question why is wrong with that Hummm that make prefect since to this logic nut

This sound like a leftist mantra maybe if should be posted on huff something website
“I agree, the GOOH idea of removing all 435 members of congress is mindless”

if you did research you would find out that this os not at mindless all If very well though out I challenge any one to do better..”

I don’t agree with this will have more teeth than standing in cold weather holding a sign being ignored by an office holder. All those protest phone calls and they still pass this mess of bill. ( that I was part of in some cases)

We will make them pay and we the Constitution base of American take their jobs away and we replace them. American will be republic again “not the do what every you want dictatorship we have now “

As I have said many times already

A power shift back and forth is not the answer until we can get any office holders to be more constitutionally sound and obeyed by there oath of office period….

How many candidate will even sign a contract to this and stick to it, do see that is the problem!!!

What wrong with holding them accountable???

Does everybody in this group share these ideas, this I think not or I must be in the wrong group
These are not the values of signed on for the

This was

We believe in principles and values; not political parties. We seek to represent Nebraskans who are concerned with the unconstitutional actions, size, and scope of our federal, state, and local governments or the growth these entities wish to achieve. We believe in the 9 Principles and 12 Values set forth by the national The912Project, and shall pursue the preservation of the government promised us by the Constitution of the United States of America. To that end, we support activites and causes that promote the 9 Principles and 12 Values.

Get in the fight the more to this battle than these bickers text post this is not unity that we need to restore this republic.

we need find a why to fight back with more teeth take there jobs and holding them accountable is the only peaceful option.. if not this will turn into a blood bath are you ready for that... or do want to prevent that "I DO"
Michael P.
on69triumph
Group Organizer
Council Bluffs, IA
Post #: 1,150
Jerry, you seem to be the only one "bickering". Just because someone doesn't agree with goooh, does not mean that we are not unified. This group knows how to engage in civil debate without being offended. I think no group is going to have everyone agree with every website you find out there, but if you find one, let me know. Just because you post something on this board from another site, does not mean that someone that does not automatically agree with it is "asleep at the wheel". When ideas or thoughts are presented for discussion or debate, the more opinions or viewpoints that are brought into that debate, the healthier it is, and the stronger the conclusion.

You seem to be the one getting his feelings hurt, and it shows with your lashing out with "leftist mantra" comments, and about being in the wrong group. Not one reply here has been about political parties as you seem to spout off about. It is about not MINDLESSLY putting an effort together to sweep every congressman out of office. I like my congressman, I would like to keep him in place. At least he uses spell check.
A former member
Post #: 224
While I think there are corrupt officials in office, I’m not going to label any group or party. I think different ideologies are at work, which widens the gap.

It is every citizen’s right to protest, hold rallies and boycott. All of these can be effective, but of course it depends on who or what the target is. In Ben Nelson’s case, it’s apparent that protesting wasn’t as effective as we had hoped it would be, due to his own agenda – he was going to do what he was going to do no matter what.

In my opinion, targeting upcoming elections will be key.

Everyone needs to ask themselves how far they going to go in all of this… Everyone will have different ideas, different answers, etc… because we are individuals with different experiences and backgrounds. One thing is for sure, when you organize a group effort, everyone needs to brainstorm – come up with ideas and share them with the group, debate, compromise and put forth a plan and execute. And I think Michael is correct – not everyone is going to agree all the time. However, it’s important to take a team approach and not get personal, point fingers or lash out. Divisiveness leads to ineffectiveness.
A former member
Post #: 169
i agree with this

"When ideas or thoughts are presented for discussion or debate, the more opinions or viewpoints that are brought into that debate, the healthier it is, and the stronger the conclusion. " to much debate is the problem, no action is bad

it not about goooh it about the idea of replacing every person not doing there job

"I think the Democrats are the source of the problem right now."

"It is about not MINDLESSLY putting an effort together to sweep every congressman out of office"

Term limits please

Mindless how is an idea to replace any one who is not doing there job mindless is that not the goal?

to be pointed that is the goal is replace all that don't not do there job..

The system is broken and we need better ideas than to fix it.. that reps we have for the most part of don't work for us.. or do i see it wrong anything wrong .. with replacing them..

Richard E.
Conservative_Vet
Plattsmouth, NE
Post #: 445
It isn't, so much, that the system is broken, it's the morality of society that can be blamed. John Adams said that our system of government could only work with a moral people. We can use "band-aids" on our system but these will fail. We need to educate ourselves on those running for office and when they are elected, hold them accountable. We never should've let our guard down expecting the political parties to "baby sit". It is OUR responsibility! WE need to be morally sound BEFORE we elect representatives.
A former member
Post #: 225
I agree with what you said 100%, Richard. The system works, but the morals, values and ideologies of the elected officials are the issue.

What happens when they stop representing their constituents, are in it for their own agenda and "we the people" can't do anything get them out of office? (ie; Ben Nelson.) Nothing, because there is nothing in the state constitution to get him out. I think elections are key (making sure people vote and that the right candidates are up for the job) and pushing for legislation is important too.
A former member
Post #: 575
i agree with this

"When ideas or thoughts are presented for discussion or debate, the more opinions or viewpoints that are brought into that debate, the healthier it is, and the stronger the conclusion. " to much debate is the problem, no action is bad

it not about goooh it about the idea of replacing every person not doing there job

"I think the Democrats are the source of the problem right now."

"It is about not MINDLESSLY putting an effort together to sweep every congressman out of office"

Term limits please

Mindless how is an idea to replace any one who is not doing there job mindless is that not the goal?

to be pointed that is the goal is replace all that don't not do there job..

The system is broken and we need better ideas than to fix it.. that reps we have for the most part of don't work for us.. or do i see it wrong anything wrong .. with replacing them..

Jerry,
It is a matters of strategy and tactics for the long term. I like much of what GOOOH has in mind but they are not the first such effort to "clean the house". I understand people wanting to create a third party and run candidates. I do think we all need to engage the system, but I don't want to go with a plan which has been done in the past and failed. I also do not want to just change the actors on the stage. There needs to be a layered approach to not only stop the corruption but reverse it AND SUSTAIN IT. I am frustrated with every new administration creating a new government agency. Nixon created the EPA. Carter the Department of Education. Bush created Homeland Securities. There are many lobbyists who keep pushing for more government and we need not only push back but sustain it.
A former member
Post #: 171
I agree with what you said 100%, Richard. The system works, but the morals, values and ideologies of the elected officials are the issue.

What happens when they stop representing their constituents, are in it for their own agenda and "we the people" can't do anything get them out of office? (ie; Ben Nelson.) Nothing, because there is nothing in the state constitution to get him out. I think elections are key (making sure people vote and that the right candidates are up for the job) and pushing for legislation is important tohis o.

The way to fix this is add a recall provision to the state constitution, like other states, then we can hold them all accountable by making sign a legal contract to stay with the confines of our constitution.. that would be progress

i will always refer to this--->

when in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes