"Black culture electrifies the pulse of American culture, from music to fashion and everything in between. Young, up-and-coming artists are the heart of this revolution, powered by creative self-expression and a strong connection to their heritage. For Black History Month, join us to get to know some of them (that includes hue, Dolls) and feel the beat of the future." - Macy's, INC.
With a black doll giveaway to 50 little girls, Macy's is celebrating African American culture all month long! Come hear our exciting panel discussions. Meet The Black Dolls, actress and activist Jurnee Smollett-Bell and Honorary Black Doll Affair Brothas; Taye Diggs and Shane Evans.
Take a fun look at these African American luminaries who are pioneering the next generation of activists and style innovators. Be a part of the conversation. Stick around afterwards for a special reception where you'll learn how to get an autographed copy of Taye and Shane's self-esteem children's books and gather more information on how to become a living Doll of The Black Doll Affair!
Atlanta, GA: February 12, 2016 at Macy's Lenox Mall 7:00 pm- Special Guests: Celebrity Chef Garvin, The Black Doll Affair, Chocolate & Mixed Me! BDA members in attendance: Honorary Black Doll Brothas Taye Diggs & Shane Evans, Honorary Black Doll ShalomIsrael Diggs, Mama Doll and you, The Black Dolls!
IN-STORE Shopping EVENTS Around the Nation:
See what’s happening at your local Macy’s!
• February 3, 2016: Macy's Herald Square, NY. 6pm
• February 4, 2016 Macy's Center City, Philadelphia 5:30 pm
• February 10, 2016 Macy's State Street, Chicago 5:30 pm
• February 11, 2016 Macy's Metro Center, Washington 5:30 pm
• February 13, 2016 Macy's Aventura | Aventura, Florida 12:00 pm - Special Guests: Jurnee Smolette-Bell, The Black Doll Affair, Chocolate & Mixed Me! BDA members: Honorary Black Doll Brothas Taye Diggs & Shane Evans, Honorary Black Doll ShalomIsrael Diggs, Mama Doll and you, The Black Dolls!
• February 17, 2016 Macy's Union Square, San Francisco 6:00 pm
• February 18, 2016 Macy's Baldwin Hills, Los Angeles, 6:00 pm
In other words, what to bring and what to wear: "Be a Doll" by getting all dolled up in your favorite Black Doll T-shirt combine with b'huetiful face, gorgeous hair, loving energy attitude! "Give a doll" by bringing a black doll for donation.