Location visible to members
**** Volunteers Needed! Give back to the group by hosting your own smaller events [dinners, happy hours, brunches, lunches. etc]. Join our Event Host program (http://www.meetup.com/theweeklydinner/messages/boards/thread/7348404). ****
==> This event is a Members-Only event [No Guests Allowed]. Besides, membership is free ;-)
==> NEW MEMBERS or 1st TIME EVENT GO-ERS, if you have questions about the group, RSVPs, or the overall dining event process, visit our FAQs (http://diningout.meetup.com/149/messages/boards/view/viewthread?thread=1650845) and our No-Show Policy (http://tinyurl.com/5byotq).
==> RSVP Cancellation Cutoff for this Event is 10 am Thursday, 1/16. [Late Cancel (http://tinyurl.com/5byotq) applies after this]
Winter Restaurant Week [RW] is back in DC!:
Learn more about DC's Restaurant Week (http://www.ramw.org/restaurantweek/)
* Officially runs Jan 13 - 19 [some places will extend the deal beyond these dates]
* 3-course fixed-price dinner special for $35.14 [not including drinks, and our required 30% tax / tip]
So, the minimum cost for the deal is $47 [drinks, wine/beer, and any extras items are additional and still factors our 30% tax/tip]
→ By attending the event, each member agrees to this $ minimum. CASH PREFERRED PLEASE!
SPECIAL RULE for RSVPing to ANY RESTAURANT WEEK EVENT:
Members can ONLY select ONE RW event to RSVP for (RSVPs may be adjusted by Orgs if needed)
From past experience, there's too many members that want to attend our RW events ... & we'd like to provide more members a chance at attending
Please be considerate & only RSVP 'YES' for one RW event
Fellow member & Event Host Tonya has offered to Host a RW event! She's going Cajun-influenced cuisine at Acadiana (Metro Center area).
FOOD: Modern Louisiana-influenced cuisine (Cajun / Creole). Outside of RW, you'll find a variety of regional dishes with a good emphasis on seafood.
--> REVIEW MENU: Here's the RW Dinner Menu (https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.acadianarestaurant.com%2Fdownloads%2Fclientuploads%2Facadiana-menu_100_2869194817.pdf) (PDF).
Acadiana offers a fixed # of options for Starters and Desserts, but allows you to choose any entree on the main regular menu (https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.acadianarestaurant.com%2Fdownloads%2Fclientuploads%2Facadiana-menu_104_33839196.pdf) (with select $ upcharges on 2 pricier items, The Delmonico Ribeye & Jumbo Lump Crabcakes)
==> Minimum cost for the deal is $47. Tax/Tip combo is our standard 30% for upcharged or additional items like wine, coffee, cocktails, etc.
==> Visit Acadiana's website (http://www.acadianarestaurant.com/acadiana.html) for more information.
==> Tax/Tip combo is our standard 30% [see the FAQs (http://www.meetup.com/theweeklydinner/messages/boards/thread/1650845#[masked]) for more details]
==> No Guests [have your friends / significant other join, it's free!]
==> Limited to 8 slots
See you there!
CLOSEST METRO: Metro Center (Red, Blue, Orange Lines). Chinatown (Red, Yellow, Green lines). About 4 block walk from either metro. Restaurant entrance is off of 9th St.
For directions using the Metro, try using the Trip Planner at the WMATA website (http://www.wmata.com/tripplanner_d/tripplanner_form_solo.cfm).
PARKING: $7 Valet parking is available. Also, there's on-street metered parking & garages galore as well. The 13th Street PMI Garage is one of the few in DC that's 24/7 in the area:
1325 G Street, NW
Entrance: on G Street between 13th and 14th Streets, NW
Need to Contact the Restaurant? [i.e. confirm location, notify to the group if running late, etc.]. Text on your phone to[masked] (GOOGLE) and type the restaurant name + the city/state in the message body. Google Business Services (http://www.google.com/mobile/products/sms.html#p=default) will text you back with the address and phone #!
1. Limited to 8 slots.
2. If you RSVP "YES" please make sure you can definitely make it. With 3,900+ members and limited seating, we cannot afford no-shows. It's unfair to the other members who would like to attend and also to the organizers who have to explain to the restaurant why the reserved # of guests didn't show (can damage our reputation). No-Show rules apply (http://tinyurl.com/5byotq).
3. Event already full?, waitlist for the event!. Use the Waitlist option (the Organizer for each event will enable this as needed). Also, check back regularly as attendees have been known to cancel up to Noon the day of the event.
4. Billing (add 30% tax/tip to your bill). Remember, include the required 30% for tip / tax in addition to the food / beverages you order as defined in our FAQs (http://diningout.meetup.com/149/messages/boards/view/viewthread?thread=1650845#[masked]).
5. NEW MEMBERS or 1st TIME EVENT GO-ERS, if you have questions about the group, RSVPs, or the overall dining event process, visit our FAQs (http://diningout.meetup.com/149/messages/boards/view/viewthread?thread=1650845) and our No-Show Policy (http://tinyurl.com/5byotq).