THIS MEETUP IS ON WEDNESDAY, September 16th at 6pm
Shel Israel (http://twitter.com/shelisrael) is launching his new book, Twitterville (http://www.amazon.ca/Twitterville-Businesses-Thrive-Global-Neighborhoods/dp/1591842794), in Canada at Third Tuesday meetups in Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver.
Three years ago, Shel co-authored Naked Conversations (http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/search?keywords=Naked%20Conversations&pageSize=10) with Robert Scoble (http://twitter.com/scobleizer). Naked Conversations was a must-read book in 2006. It captured the zeitgeist of the blogosphere.
Now Shel Israel is back with Twitterville, his look at Twitter and how it is being used by people and organizations to connect, play, share, create community, organize… You name it and we’re finding a way to do it on Twitter.
Shel was the very first speaker at the inaugural Third Tuesday in 2006. So, launching Twitterville at Third Tuesday is like Shel coming home.
This event shouldn't be missed! Shel will spark your imagination, and give you ideas about how you can use Twitter and other social media in your business and life.
Get a copy of Twitterville signed by Shel
Registered Third Tuesday attendees have a chance to get a copy of the book for only $10 plus your Third Tuesday admission. Even better, Shel will sign each of these books prior to the event and include a personal message for each person who has pre-ordered the book.
If you'd like to take advantage of this offer, zoom (http://zoompass.com/) $10 to Joseph Thornley (613)[masked] using Zoompass. (Write "Twitterville Calgary" in the note section.) Joe will order a book for you and Shel will have it ready for you at the event with a personal message
Thank you to our sponsors
We’re able to bring Shel to cities across Canada thanks to the support of our Third Tuesday sponsors:
* CNW Group (http://www.newswire.ca/), our founding sponsor;
* Fairmont Hotels and Resorts (http://www.fairmont.com/), who are providing accommodation for Shel;
* Molson Canada (http://blog.molson.com/community/), whose use of social media Shel has profiled in Twitterville;
* Rogers Communications (http://www.rogers.com/), whose network provides us with both landline and mobile Internet access; and
* Radian6 (http://www.radian6.com/), who provide us with the tools we need to monitor and measure social media.
Thanks to each of these sponsors, Shel’s Canadian book launch will be just the first of several exciting initiatives we’re planning for the coming year.
SEE YOU THERE!