The end eastern end of E Cloudview Ave, Gold Canyon, AZ
Let's get back on the trails. We will be hiking part of the LOST GOLDMINE TRAIL (not Hieroglyphics) heading towards Peralta. This is a great trail for beginners and intermediates, it is easy with rolling hills and we will only hike 2.5-4 miles round trip.
• At least 2 liters of water
• Sturdy hiking footwear
• Polls are recommended
DISTANCE: 5-8 miles round trip
ELEVATION GAIN: minimal
TRAIL STYLE: In-and-out style
DURATION: 2.5 to 4 hours round trip
Pets: Yes if leashed. Your pet is your responsibility (NOTE: Charlie, Arrow and Buddy are always welcome)
Difficulty Level: Moderate
When you RSVP, mention if you're going to meet at the carpool location or at the trailhead.
DIRECTIONS TO TRAIL HEAD: This is the same trail head as Hieroglyphics trail.
Take US 60 East
Turn LEFT onto Kings Ranch Rd, just past mile marker 202
Turn RIGHT onto Baseline RD (if you come to a dead end, you have gone too far)
Turn LEFT onto Mohican Rd
Turn LEFT onto Valley View which becomes White Tail (notice on return)
Turn RIGHT onto Cloud View
Proceed to parking area
CARPOOL LOCATION: We'll leave 3/4 hour before the scheduled meetup at
Address: 850 S Ironwood Dr, Apache Junction, AZ 85120
To get here, take US60 to Ironwood exit 195. Make a left at the light and take Ironwood north to the intersection of Ironwood and Broadway (about 1 mile north of US60. The parking is on the SouthWest corner or the intersection. Let's park away from the stores. I will be in a silver 4Runner.
The above time is the trailhead meeting time so we will leave the car pool area 45 minutes before, NOTE: If you do not say you are going to the car pool, we will see you at the trailhead.
Please let us know if you are going to the trailhead or to the carpool area. If you do not state the carpool we will assume you will meet us at the trailhead.
You are responsible for your own safety and that of your equipment. If you are running late going to the Car Pool or the Trailhead, please call and let me know [masked] Lawrence
Please note the following:
• Meetup organizers are not tour guides and are not park rangers. Expect the same risks and take the same precautions you would take if you were hiking alone. You are solely responsible for your own safety and well-being.
• By signing up for and/or attending this Meetup event, you acknowledge, understand, accept, and agree that hiking and other outdoor activities can be dangerous and can cause serious bodily injury and possibly death. The organizers of this group and current and former members cannot be held responsible or liable in any way for the actions of any participant - including you - at any event.
• All attendees participate at an event at their own risk and are solely responsible for any damage to their property, and/or any injury to themselves or their guests.
• By signing up for and/or attending this Meetup event, you affirm that you understand this disclaimer, and that you knowingly and voluntarily agree not to bring any type of claim arising out of or related to this Meetup event against the organizers of this Meetup group.