This is a kayaking for people who are NEW TO KAYAKING, have only gone a few times OR just want to take a casual paddle on a lake to enjoy the water, the views and new friends...
We will only go as far as people new to lake kayaking can handle. NO RUSH, NO PRESSURE. We are here to get newbies into this great sport and to have some fun, OR people who just want to take a slower leisurely paddle. We will also be stopping for a picnic. Bring your lunch and a sense of ADVENTURE.
- Trail head meeting time - the time posted on this event
- Car pool meeting time - 30-45 minutes before the trail head time.
If you have never gone to the Acacia Trail-head (picnic area), I suggest you meet us at the carpool so you go to the right place.
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU ANSWER THE THREE QUESTIONS BELOW IN THE COMMENT SECTION - THANK YOU.
PLEASE READ THE REQUIREMENTS BELOW:
Just some friends going kayaking and exploring on Canyon Lake ( we do it most weeks).
If you have your own equipment then great.
WHEN YOU SIGN UP, PLEASE POST IF YOU:
1. HAVE YOUR OWN KAYAK?
2. Do you need a kayak rental?
We will be meeting up at Canyon lake at the Acacia picnic area at the trail time shown above and then take off for a few hours of fun.
To Kayak with us, You must be able to swim, and life jackets (PFD;s) must be worn properly at all times
You will need a Tonto Pass or a National Parks Pass if parking there,
Newbies welcome. We do not instruct, but will give some basic information on paddling.
AGAIN, if your driving your own vehicle you will need either a Tonto day pass and or a Tonto Annual pass or the national parks pass...
Please write with questions....
- Pack a lunch as we will stop and eat at a picnic or other fun area.
- 3 liters of water
- A snack
- A Good sense of adventure
- Camera Optional
- Sun Tan lotion as it will hopefully be a sunny day.
- a hat
Please text me if you are running late as we plan to leave on time.
CARPOOL LOCATION: We'll leave 45 minutes before the scheduled meetup at
Address: The Carpool will meet at the new Fry's Marketplace in Apache Junction located at 150 E Old West Hwy, Apache Junction, AZ 85120 by the gas station.
To get here, take US60 to Idaho, exit 196. Make a left at the light and take Ironwood north to the intersection of Idaho and Old West Highway (about 2 mile north of US60. The parking is on the North East corner or the intersection. As it is a large parking lot, lets meet at the GAS PUMPS. I will be in a silver 4Runner with one or two Kayaks on the roof (easy to see).
Release of Liability:
• Meetup organizers are not tour guides and are not park rangers. Expect the same risks and take the same precautions you would take if you were hiking alone. You are solely responsible for your own safety and well-being.
• By signing up for and/or attending this Meetup event, you acknowledge, understand, accept, and agree that hiking and other outdoor activities can be dangerous and can cause serious bodily injury and possibly death. The organizers of this group and current and former members cannot be held responsible or liable in any way for the actions of any participant - including you - at any event.
• All attendees participate at an event at their own risk and are solely responsible for any damage to their property, and/or any injury to themselves or their guests.
• By signing up for and/or attending this Meetup event, you affirm that you understand this disclaimer, and that you knowingly and voluntarily agree not to bring any type of claim arising out of or related to this Meetup event against the organizers of this Meetup group.