Nov 7, 2013 · 6:30 PM
John Leipold's Sanctuary
Now that we have the perfect spot selected for John's treehouse, let's get to planning!
Since it's dinner time, please bring something delicious to share (grill available) and all your favorite treehouse ideas! Photos, DVDs, plans... whatever you have. If you could bring a dvd we can watch it. Anything related to treehouses would be great! If you know about trees or treehouses, please come and share your knowledge! This is meant to be a fun and creative learning and teaching experience.
If you get lost and need assistance, try calling John at[masked] or his cell at[masked]-5602. (Cell reception not guaranteed.)
From Asheville area
- from Patton Ave take New Leicester Hwy 9.9 miles
- go LEFT onto S. Turkey Creek Rd (see a “United Energy” store on the right)
- go 3 miles
- bear right shortly after a ‘schoolbus stop’ warning sign
(It looks like the main road goes left and on the right it says “No Outlet”)
If you find yourself crossing a one lane bridge then on a dirt road, turn around and take the first very sharp left, because that means you missed it and are on Potato Branch Road (not marked)
From Newfound Road
- from Newfound Road turn LEFT onto Morgan Branch Road (across from Hookers Gap Road)
- go 1.1 miles to a 90 degree right turn
(stay on paved road -- it becomes Potato Branch
- follow Potato Branch 1.8 miles (some tight curves on this road)
- go through a section of gravel road then a one lane bridge
- take a sharp left at the stop sign onto South Turkey Creek (STC)
- go 1.8 miles
- pass line of trash bins on the left
- quick turn right onto dirt road (Peepeye Cove)
- pass line of mailboxes on the right
- continue straight up the dirt road another 1.3 miles
- pass through a white wood gate
- come to another small intersection with barking dogs with Coyote Ridge on the left
- keep right on Peepeye
- where it splits into two driveways (the right is marked “Lionheart”) GO LEFT
- see red barn on LEFT with “Spirit Mountain Sanctuary”
- take the first left drive then keep straight up the hill to John's log cabin house on left
Here are some photos landmarks on your drive in (once you get onto Morgan Branch).
First, pass the old red barns on your left, then the old cabin and fence on your right. Coming into John's driveway you will soon see his red barn on your left, "Spirit Mountain Sanctuary". Follow his driveway around to John's cabin on your left.