We work in small, self-assembled groups and we'll share our results at the end of the night.
It's important to have project ideas ahead of time, so please do the following:
2. pick something interesting
3. post a comment about it here
Examples of interesting projects:
- try a framework: noflo, meteor, ~todomvc, etc
- try a library: q, allong.es, bilby, lemonad, etc
- try a language: fay, elm, roy, clojurescript, flapjax, etc
- try some web apis: audio, webgl, svg, webrtc, etc
- go parallel: workers, river trail, webcl, etc
Effective JS (http://effectivejs.com/)
Fun JS (http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920028857.do)
Another great way to learn JS is by reading the source of good libraries -- underscore.js (http://underscorejs.org/) is a solid starting point.