addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Bayou City Life & The Pursuit of Good Times Message Board › Clear Lake & South Side Restaurant/Bar/Club Discussion

Clear Lake & South Side Restaurant/Bar/Club Discussion

A former member
Post #: 1,201
Clear Lake and South-Siders, let's talk about places to go in our area.

I noticed that the new shopping strip on Bay Area Blvd, west of Highway 3, is full of new restaurants!
Baba's Mediterranean Grill, Thai Lemon Grass, and MooYa's Burgers and Fries are now open! Has anyone checked out these places yet?

Also wanted to mention that there is a Jake's Pizza on Highway 3 and NASA Rd 1, where Alpine Brauhaus (R.I.P.) used to be. Karen is a co-owner and she is in our meetup group! I haven't been there yet, but she tells me the pizza is good.
A former member
Post #: 1,214
I just noticed that Splash (the bar and grill on Toddville Rd in old Seabrook) is closed. There is a sign in front saying "Capn's Quarters", so I guess they have changed ownership.
A former member
Post #: 1,223
Driving down FM 2094 I noticed that Phil's Seafood and Oyster Bar is gone and has been replaced with Tapa Tapa, a new Spanish restaurant and Tapas Bar! Nice to finally have one of these in our area!

I also found out that Coffee Oasis in Seabrook has open mike poetry readings every Monday evening. Anyone is welcome to come by and read their poetry! Sounds like fun!
A former member
Post #: 346
just got to reading this thread

you are funny Amanda!

I took note of the new Bay Area places as well
but tried Freebird's and Thai Cottage for the first time instead so far

and yes also noted the Tapas Bar, when are we going to try it?
(bet bellydancers get in free!)

What do you do? drive around looking for this stuff? haha

Ok let's try Sunday Brunch at Bailey's then! Sept 7th? (or could do 14th or 21st poss but on nights)

Also I was thinking Frenchie's sometime also Capri when cooler to enjoy outside

Signature Bistro again, done as a plan, Tokyo Bowl, and Hunan Star across street not bad either.
Kimberly is up for Cuisine of India or Mongul's again

and think you wanted to check out Shalimar Sweets (indo-pak) told you about

start scheduling or shall I?
A former member
Post #: 347
Sunday afternnon at the Sundance Grill be cool too
A former member
Post #: 1,271

but tried Freebird's and Thai Cottage for the first time instead so far

Mark and I love Thai Cottage!
I've only been to Freebirds in Austin and it was pretty good. Big portions.

and yes also noted the Tapas Bar, when are we going to try it?
(bet bellydancers get in free!)

Good question. Speaking of dancers, the flamenco dancer (Bianca Antonia) from my studio was looking into getting a gig there, but there is no stage and she'd have to bring her own. So no dancing there...yet.

What do you do? drive around looking for this stuff? haha

No, I just see it when I'm driving...or riding in the car while Mark drives.

Ok let's try Sunday Brunch at Bailey's then! Sept 7th? (or could do 14th or 21st poss but on nights)

I love Bailey's but I can't do 9/7. I teach class from 2 to 3 and I'm hosting that benefit concert/BBQ thing at Chantilly Room in LaPorte at 4PM.

Also I was thinking Frenchie's sometime also Capri when cooler to enjoy outside

Sure! I have never been to Frenchie's. I enjoy hosting events at Villa Capri because the brunch is one price and they give you separate checks. And the view is awesome!

Signature Bistro again, done as a plan, Tokyo Bowl, and Hunan Star across street not bad either.
Kimberly is up for Cuisine of India or Mogul's again

I am up for any and all of that. I like all those places. Never been to Hunan Star though. We should go to Mogul's for a Saturday buffet lunch.

and think you wanted to check out Shalimar Sweets (indo-pak) told you about

Where is that? On Highway 3?

start scheduling or shall I?

Go for it. Hopefully I can make it, but if I can't, oh well...
A former member
Post #: 355

I love Bailey's but I can't do 9/7. I teach class from 2 to 3 and I'm hosting that benefit concert/BBQ thing at Chantilly Room in LaPorte at 4PM.

what benefit thing is that? so guess maybe 14th?

Mogul's for a Saturday buffet lunch sounds good to me.

Shalimar Sweets is on Hwy 3 between El Dorado and Clear Lake City Blvd.

will start putting stuff on the calendar tomorrow...
A former member
Post #: 358
ok found benefit info note
http://travel.meetup....­
A former member
Post #: 1,283
I could do brunch at Bailey's on the 14th, but I'd have to leave by 1:30PM to go teach class.
A former member
Post #: 359
I could do brunch at Bailey's on the 14th, but I'd have to leave by 1:30PM to go teach class.

Cancelled Live Oaks Resort weekend and posted this
http://travel.meetup....­