addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Vegans of the NC Triad Message Board › Where to Meet?

Where to Meet?

A former member
Post #: 1
Hello to everyone!

I'm really excited to see so many usernames on the group page. So far we have 3 people committed to the May 6th meet-up date. Do we have any questions or concerns about the meet-up? Is the date or time of day a challenge for anyone?

I'm more than willing to be flexible and work on rescheduling if that would make for a larger first time meeting. In fact, I think rescheduling might be a good idea -- objections or suggestions, anyone?

I'd really like to hear some feedback about location -- what are your thoughts? EarthFare's cafe was suggested by someone before the group got started and I think that sounds like a solid idea. Yay, nay, other?

A question was raised, earlier, as to how strict a vegan a person would need to be in order to attend. I discussed this a little with Dave and I'd really like for the group to be open. Vegetarians leaning toward veganism and even omnivores are welcome to attend -- just so long as a reasonable amount of consideration is extended to the fact that this is a vegan meeting and veganism is our focus.

I'm really excited about the upcoming meet-up and am looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
A former member
Post #: 2
Hello! I’m writing to let you know that on Tuesday, May 16, In Defense of Animals (IDA) will be hosting a press conference and demonstration in Winston-Salem to protest Wake Forest University’s grand opening of their new Biotechnology Research Facility. This facility will eventually house several species of animals, including primates, dogs, sheep and cats who will be used in research experiments.

What: Press Conference and Demonstration against new research facility

When: Tuesday, May 16, from 8:45am-10:30am

Where: Winston-Salem NC, at the new Biotechnology Research Facility at Wake Forest University

All banners and signs will be provided, so all you need to bring is yourself and any interested friends or family members. For more information or to RSVP, please contact Rita Anderson at guardianship@aol.com.

For all animals,

Lindsey C. Twombly

Administrative Assistant

International Grassroots Campaigns

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals

757-213-8746

LindseyT@peta.org