addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Vegans of the NC Triad Message Board › Peacable Kingdom

Peacable Kingdom

caroline
cktophat
Greensboro, NC
Post #: 1
Can anyone tell me how I can see the Peacable Kingdom film???? It looks really good even though I absolutely hate to see animals suffer. Let me know! Thanks!
A former member
Post #: 143
Hi, Caroline!

I'm hoping to have a copy of the older version in the next couple of weeks. We were talking about having a movie night when I get it, but that'll take a teensy bit of planning.

The new remake of the film is due.... any time now. I recieved an e-mail from Tribe of Heart late last Spring that said they were taking the film to editing. Unfortunately, it looks as though the film is still in editing! I will be incredibly excited when it's re-released, though -- and will absolutely post an announcement when that happens. You can also sign up with Tribe of Heart to recieve e-mail announcements as the film progresses and as new things happen with the documnetary company.
A former member
Post #: 173
I've got a copy of the original we could watch some time. I also have a copy of Seeing Through the Fence. It's a new documentary made by a Durham activist/musician/filmmaker. Her and husband are currently traveling the country for a year - screening the movie, leafletting Vegan Outreach pamphlets and playing with the band Beloved Binge. They are awesome people and the movie is getting very good response. http://www.porchlifeproductions.com/­

Stephanie
A former member
Post #: 145

Stephanie, you are awesome!! Yay for you! Both movies sound great!

I'm especially enthusiastic because Dogs Deserve Better just contacted me and told me that they will not be able to send me a copy of Peacable Kingdom since there are no more to be had. Ah, well (sigh). It was worth a shot.
Heather N.
user 4621861
Portland, OR
Post #: 40
I've got a copy of the original we could watch some time. I also have a copy of Seeing Through the Fence. It's a new documentary made by a Durham activist/musician/filmmaker. [/url]

Stephanie

Hey! I've seen "Seeing Through the Fence." Beloved Binge played at a show in Maryland and showed that documentary. Its really good! Its a small world, huh?

Aww.. I'm sorry you couldn't get "Peaceable Kingdom," Jen, but its awesome that Stephanie has it! Maybe we can still plan that movie night... :)
A former member
Post #: 176
Jen - I'm in Durham, but would be happy to come down and bring the movie for an event. Or you guys could all trek up here to my house for a potluck. : )

Heather - That is awesome! It s a small world! I have a friend in Montana that emailed me that she happened to meet Eleni and see the movie screening. I am actually friends with Rob and Eleni, so I can't be impartial about how awesome they are! Traveling for a year in a van showing the movie, playing their band and leafletting - they rock! They are blogging about their experience if you have time to kill http://bingecafe.blogspot.com/­.
Heather N.
user 4621861
Portland, OR
Post #: 43
Stephanie,

They are really cool people! We had a vegan meetup group in Maryland earlier this year and they came and played some music and showed us the video. We were already planning to move down to NÇ so we were excited to meet some cool vegan people from the state. I think I'm friends with them on Myspace and I have one of their albums.. Thanks for the link, I'll have to check it out! :)

Heather N.
user 4621861
Portland, OR
Post #: 46
Check out the whole Peaceable Kingdom movie on Google video.
I'm totally watching this tonight sometime.. whoo!
Heather N.
user 4621861
Portland, OR
Post #: 47
Its gone now.. they took it off of Google video :( I got to watch it before they took it away though, and I cried like a baby. The veal sequence destroyed my world. I was sobbing. The movie isn't bloody or gory thank goodness, but it is heart wrenchingly sad.
A former member
Post #: 190
Heather - do you know which version it was? The new one? If so, maybe they will release it soon for sale.