addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Vegans of the NC Triad Message Board › Restaurant suggestions?

Restaurant suggestions?

A former member
Post #: 18
Well, let's see. I can think of a few: (click on the name of the restaurant to go to the menu)

Jack's Corner Mediterranean Deli

Saffron Indian Cuisine

Brixx Pizza has vegan cheese!

Mellow Mushroom has tempeh, tofu, and some other veggie friendly stuff

P.F. Chang's vegetarian menu is vegan.

Also, Panera Bread, Jason's Deli, and Subway have great options.

If I think of anything else I will let you know! I hope this helps!!!

Thanks for the suggestions! I didn't know that Brixx has vegan cheese...is it on the menu or do you have to ask for it? Saffron Indian Cuisine is my new favorite! So, so good!
Heather N.
user 4621861
Portland, OR
Post #: 124
I believe it's on the menu as soy cheese, but you do have to ask for it otherwise they'll give you regular cheese. It's VeganRella cheese.
A former member
Post #: 20
I believe it's on the menu as soy cheese, but you do have to ask for it otherwise they'll give you regular cheese. It's VeganRella cheese.

Thanks Heather!

I found on the vegan eating out web site that these pizzas at Brixx are vegan:

Hawaiian Pizza (without Prosciutto with Soy Cheese)
Margherita Pizza (with Soy Cheese)
Pear & Gorgonzola Pizza (with Soy Cheese)
Pesto Portobello Pizza (without Alfredo Sauce with Soy Cheese)
Rustica Pizza (without Prosciutto)
Wild Mushroom Pizza (with Soy Cheese)
Wood-Roasted Vegetable Pizza (with Soy Cheese)
Heather N.
user 4621861
Portland, OR
Post #: 127
That's awesome! The pizzas there are pretty good too.
A former member
Post #: 10
Thanks again everyone for all the suggestions!
Heather N.
user 4621861
Portland, OR
Post #: 128
Oh, and today, I just noticed that Barberitos had a vegan burrito and vegan quac on their menu. I haven't had it yet, but it does say "Vegan Burrito" on the menu. You can't beat that!

Also, Brandon and I went to Saffron tonight for dinner and it was awesome! I had the Aloo Gobi and Brandon had the Bhindi Masala. Both were fantastic. We'll have to have a meetup there sometime! :)
A former member
Post #: 21
Very cool Heather! I will definitely check that out! :)
Heather N.
user 4621861
Portland, OR
Post #: 129
No problem!

Also, I'm going to 'pin' this discussion to the top of the message board, so all the newbies can see the options in the area. In addition, if anyone comes across a new vegan restaurant item and wants to share, please share it here, even if it's just a little thing. Thanks!
justjoey
user 8228882
Greensboro, NC
Post #: 7
Zaytoon's is great! as are all that are mentioned. Thanks for enlighting me on some more choices, totally awesome, that's what this group is.
Heather N.
user 4621861
Portland, OR
Post #: 137
Oh, another one -

Papa Murphy's
4016 Battleground Avenue

They are an awesome, affordable take'n'bake pizza place. Their crust and tomato sauces are vegan. You can build a custom pizza with anything you want on it. They pile up on the veggies, so you don't have a wimpy pizza like you get from Papa John's. You just take it home and put it in the fridge till you are ready to bake it. I believe right now, their large pizza is only $9.99.

If anyone knows of vegan-friendly items anywhere in G'boro that we've neglected, keep listing them here!