addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

The Raleigh-Durham Triangle Tarot and Friends Message Board › Readers Studio 2008: Photos

Readers Studio 2008: Photos

Closed to new replies

Beth Owl's D.
owlsdaughter
Group Organizer
Durham, NC
Post #: 687
Hi, everyone!
I am not even unpacked yet, but just had to share some of my photos with you. I am only sorry I didn't take more .. but as you might guess, it was a very intense immersion into the Tarot, and I was pretty deep into the magical soup, as you might expect!

As you can see, it was everything you might expect and much, much more! Just wonderful.

I am so grateful to Ruth Ann and Wald for their warm and welcoming generosity, their impeccable and astonishing knowledge, and for their gift of their lives' work for the good of the Tarot!

So, here are a few snapshots to get you motivated to join us next year!
-- Beth

ps: I closed this topic to discussion, not to be snooty, but because I am hoping our discussions will be in one central location!
smile
Beth Owl's D.
owlsdaughter
Group Organizer
Durham, NC
Post #: 688
Accck.. I am having a bit of trouble with the formatting of these photos, so bear with me..

Anyway, to start with, as you can see, it was a VERY full event. I believe that, including the presenters, there were nearly 150 people attending. I don't believe the room could have held one more table!

Beth Owl's D.
owlsdaughter
Group Organizer
Durham, NC
Post #: 689
From Thursday night (in the optional, but absolutely wonderful) Advanced Birth Cards workshop, to the Sunday morning final exercise, you could practically hear the room humming with the sound of minds and hearts opening!

Beth Owl's D.
owlsdaughter
Group Organizer
Durham, NC
Post #: 690
Besides the Tarot, there were other methods and tools discussed for enhancing our knowledge and developing our intuitive gifts. For instance, we all received pendulums to take home.

Beth Owl's D.
owlsdaughter
Group Organizer
Durham, NC
Post #: 691
So, if you could whisper into the most gracious and wonderful Rachel Pollack's ear, what would you say to her??

On the stage, of course, is Wald Amberstone, and in the right foreground, our friend, the incomparable Ferol Humphrey!

In the foreground on the left, taking a sip of water, is Mary Collin, whose fun and informative Tarot webcam conferences are available, at no charge, to anyone who is interested. You can learn more by going here.
Beth Owl's D.
owlsdaughter
Group Organizer
Durham, NC
Post #: 692
The presentations were quite in-depth, and over 3.5 hours long. But thankfully, they were not all lecture. There were some very creative and juicy exercises to underscore the discussions.

We practiced in pairs, teams, and even by walking around the room talking to each other. Very revealing, and helpful work, and a lot of fun, too, as a matter of fact!

Beth Owl's D.
owlsdaughter
Group Organizer
Durham, NC
Post #: 693
Of course, as I bet you already knew very well, it was not all work and no play. There were some very sweet moments of girl bonding, like here with Ruth Ann and Ferol...

Beth Owl's D.
owlsdaughter
Group Organizer
Durham, NC
Post #: 694
... lots of retail therapy, like in the TWO (count 'em!) vendor rooms, filled with Tarot decks, media, and magical items, like the artwork and Majors deck (so far!) of Gaian Tarot artist, Joanna Powell Colbert, seen here...

Beth Owl's D.
owlsdaughter
Group Organizer
Durham, NC
Post #: 695
.. not to mention some body energy work, led by Ferol, to get all our senses awake and flowing!

Beth Owl's D.
owlsdaughter
Group Organizer
Durham, NC
Post #: 696
One of my favorite presentations, in terms of practical skill-building, was our final one, on Saturday afternoon, by James Wells. James takes a lot of ribbing for his ribald sense of humor and, er.. um.. partying skills, but when it comes to excellence in reading the Tarot, he is simply impeccable.

His workshop on how to develop meaningful, empowering questions with the querent was outstanding - both in terms of his focused presentation style, as well as by the depth and breadth of the material and practice exercises he offered for us.

If you want to develop your Tarot skills with the guidance of a true reader's reader, I suggest you make a regular practice of visiting his newly launched blog and treat yourself!