addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Triangle Indie Film Meetup Group Message Board › NCMA Winter Film Series begins Jan. 5

NCMA Winter Film Series begins Jan. 5

A former member
Post #: 70
If you missed our Army of Shadows Meetup at Galaxy this week, you will have another opportunity to see the film at the North Carolina Museum of Art when they begin their Winter Film Series Jan. 5. Series passes are on sale at the NCMA box office (715-5923) and make terrific gifts for your cinemaphile friends.

Note that the Fall Film Series closes this Friday with An American in Paris (1951), directed by Vincente Minelli and starring Gene Kelly, Leslie Caron, Nina Foch, Oscar Levant. More info

Also, would you like to help the "Movie Diva" select the films for next fall's film series? Check it out:

Wouldn't it be great if the Fall Film Series was an annual event? I'd love to do a "50 Years of Janus Films" series next fall. Here is the list of films that played Lincoln Center. If we only had time for 8-10 of them, which would you prefer?

> 400 Blows - NEWLY RESTORED! - NEW PRINT! will get a run later at Film Forum in New York, possibly tour
> w/ Antoine and Colette - NEW PRINT!
> Ballad of a Soldier - NEW PRINT!
> Beauty and the Beast
> Children of Paradise - NEW PRINT! will get a run later at Film Forum in New York, possibly tour
> Cléo from 5 to 7 - NEW PRINT!
> w/ Zero de conduite - NEW PRINT!
> Cranes Are Flying - NEW PRINT!
> Cria Cuervos - NEW PRINT!
> Day of Wrath - NEWLY RESTORED! - NEW PRINT!
> Death of a Cyclist - NEW PRINT!
> Earrings of Madame De? - NEW PRINT!will get a run later at Film Forum in New York, possibly tour
> Fires on the Plain - NEW PRINT!
> High and Low - NEW PRINT!
> Lady Vanishes - NEW PRINT! - rights must be cleared through MGM
> Knife in the Water - NEW PRINT!
> Kwaidan - NEW PRINT!
> Jules and Jim - NEW PRINT!
> Makioka Sisters, The
> Monika - NEW PRINT!
> Organizer, The - NEW PRINT!
> Phantom Carriage - NEW PRINT!
> Rules of the Game - NEWLY RESTORED! - NEW PRINT! will tour theatrically apart from the series, starting Nov 06'
> Sansho the Bailiff - NEW PRINT!
> Seven Samurai
> Seventh Seal, The - NEW PRINT!
> Strada, La - NEW PRINT!
> Viridiana - NEW PRINT! will get a run later at Film Forum in New York, possibly tour
> Walkabout - NEW PRINT! will get a run later at Film Forum in New York, possibly tour
> Wild Strawberries
> WR: Mysteries of the Organism - NEW PRINT!

E-mail your choices to the Movie Diva (Click the "Click here to ask..." link)
David
DavidSpalding
Durham, NC
Post #: 25
Drat, I missed Mon Oncle last week. :( Jacques Tati is superb. ... reminds me that it's time to stop making m'excuses and get the Criterion Collection dvd of M. Hulot's Holiday.

I only wish I had the disposable income to plop down $300+ on the barrel for the 50 years of Janus films dvd set. Certainly several of those flicks are must-sees, even for repreat viewing:

• 400 Blows
  • Beauty and the Beast
  • Children of Paradise
  • Cranes Are Flying
  • High and Low
  • Lady Vanishes
  • Kwaidan
  • Seven Samurai
  • Walkabout
  • WR: Mysteries of the Organism

I have at least one off your list on DVD, btw, for potential future Tallulah's events.