Let's hike the Agua Caliente hill trail (in Tucson, not the Santa Ritas!). This is a pretty hike in the hills between the Catalinas and Rincon mountains. It's frequently done as a 4 mile round trip, to a pool over the first ridge. We will hike the complete trail to the summit, for about 9 miles total. Statistics:
Distance: 9 miles roundtrip
Elevation Gain: 2,400 feet
There is a fair amount of elevation gain, and the last half mile or so is steep and rocky. Further, it will be hot and I want to do this at a moderate to fast pace, so it really is an advanced hike. Please come only if you (and your dog) are prepared for this! I want to be back at the trail head around noon, so we will start the hike promptly at 7am or whenever everyone is there, whichever is earlier.
- plenty of water (at least 3 liters)
- hat & sunscreen. There is no shade on this trail!
- snacks for you and your dog
Directions to the trail head:
- Tanque Verde Rd east to Soldier Trail
- Turn Right (North) onto Soldier Trail
- Turn Left (East) onto Ft Lowell
- Ft Lowell becomes Camino Ancho at Wentworth Rd
- Turn Left (North) onto Camino Remuda
- Left again onto Camino Cantil after about 0.3m
- Look for paved parking lot on the right, the trailhead is at the north end of the lot
Click Here for Google Map directions from the junction of Ft Lowell & Soldier Trail.
As always, hike at your own risk. You are responsible for your own welfare and that of your dog. Please indicate in your RSVP whether and how many dogs you will bring.
If you're running late, call me on my cell:[masked] 7559. I need to be back at the trail head around noon, so we will not be able to wait for late comers. We will start hiking at 7am.
Please update your rsvp if you decide not to come!