addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Washington Turkish Language and Culture Group Message Board › Potomac Maryland-Would like to propose a meet up

Potomac Maryland-Would like to propose a meet up

A former member
Post #: 3
Want to run an idea by the group to see how anyone feels about this or if there's any thoughts.

The events in NoVa are perhaps too far for me to get to but I wondered if Potomac Maryland is a reasonable middle point for anyone and for a meet up I would like to have. Its actually close to the Maryland/Virginia border, however I don't yet know much about the place or if there is much of any Turkish places. All of which I can find out and let you know if you anyone is interested:)

I have not stopped wanting to meet all of you face to face, but I realize its been obvious that I've not been attending meet ups, and i appreciate the generosity of letting me stay in the group. Id love to be able to go to one of the Rosemary's gatherings, but I came to realize that those are just not practical for me to drive down to that part of Virginia on the weeknights as I would be getting home extremely late. And its been seeming like its been that way for other meet ups too, (though Im not really into ballet, or hooka using)

But this has not made me want to leave the group. Far from it. While I wish there was more Turkish culture activities here in my part of Maryland, I know this group has always been a potentially great source for Turkish language study (which I am still doing on my own-the grammar at least) if only I could just start going to the meet ups. I had even contemplated making my own group for Turkish learning/conversation/culture for here, but I haven't created that yet as I really don't know how much interest there would be for that here.

Lastly, what is the status of the group(s)? I had seen the previous post from Piper saying that this group site was going to be taken down, and would be merged with "Turkish Learners Meetup" yet I can still get on both pages. Is everyone still in both groups? And from which page is the most activity planned and discussed now? I presume that Kuzlu and Piper assumed leadership for both? Thank you.