Stand Up Paddleboarding - Sunday 20th October - £28
Join us for something different on the water!
We'll be spending a Sunday lunchtime being instructed in the art of Paddleboarding...
No experience is required as the boards are very stable, and expert guides will help you master the basics of board control during your journey. All specialist equipment is provided.
.. the requirement is that you 'can' swim 10 meters if you had to and are comfortable being on the water ;-)
Duration: Around 2 hours.
What you should bring on the day –
• Clothing, including footwear, that you don’t mind getting wet or muddy – track suit trousers, hiking trousers, fleeces, thermals and old trainers are all great, denim and cotton clothes aren’t so good, and closed toe shoes are a must.
They aim to keep you dry, but splashes are common!
• A towel and shower kit. The centre has communal (separate sex) changing rooms and basic showers.
• Dry clothes to change into after the session.
What you might also wish to bring on the day -
• A bottle of water
• A waterproof camera
• A hat if it's hot
• Waterproof jacket if it's looking likely to rain
• Its not necessary but if you have a wetsuit, feel free to bring it along
• A plastic bag to take home any possible wet clothing
* Please aim to arrive at the venue around 1:30pm for a briefing & to get kitted up etc, so we can start paddleboarding promptly at 2:00pm.
After the session, we'll grab a drink & maybe a bite to eat at a nice pub nearby...for good measure!
By booking on to a uDare event you are confirming your agreement to our Terms & Conditions which can be viewed in full by clicking this link. When engaging in adventure activities, taking out your own private insurance is highly recommended. Be considerate, be responsible and enjoy!