Location visible to members
Kayaking - Big Ben by Night- £38 - Thursday 17th September
The Thames really is at its most beautiful as the night wears on, and London's reflection shimmers on its dark waters. This trip is planned around the tides, allowing you to glide down river to see Albert Bridge, the London Eye and the Houses of Parliament in all their splendor before returning to our base at Chelsea on the new flood tide.
No experience is required as the boats are very stable, and expert guides will help you master the basics of boat control during your journey. All specialist equipment is provided.
Although no experience is necessary & buoyancy aids are supplied to all.. for those who are not really swimmers.. the requirement is that you 'can' swim 10 meters if you had to and are comfortable being on the water ;-)
Duration: Around 2-2.5 hours.
What you should bring on the day –
• Clothing, including footwear, that you don’t mind getting damp or muddy and that are suitable for kayaking – track suit trousers, hiking trousers, fleeces and thermals are all great, denim and cotton aren’t so good, and closed toe shoes are a must. Don’t worry, capsizes are rare as the boats are very stable, and we aim to keep you dry, but splashes are common!
• A towel and shower kit. The centre has secure changing rooms with hot showers.
• Dry clothes to change into after the session.
What you might also wish to bring on the day -
• A bottle of water
• A waterproof camera
• A hat
• A small padlock – There are cage style lockers for your use but no locks on them
There are railings on site you can secure your bike to if required
* Please aim to arrive at the venue around 7:15pm for a briefing & to get kitted up etc, so we can start kayaking promptly at 7:30pm.. as the experience is timed with the tides.
By booking on to a uDare event you are confirming your agreement to our Terms & Conditions which can be viewed in full by clicking this link. (http://www.meetup.com/uDare-Adventures-London/pages/uDare_Terms_and_Conditions/) When engaging in adventure activities, taking out your own private insurance is highly recommended. Be considerate, be responsible and enjoy!