This is a once in a lifetime trip. This is an expensive trip, and it's not an easy trek either. Tracking the gorillas is a 6-7 hour trek through thick jungle, possibly in the rain. You need to be fit!
There are 8 permits per family issued per day. You must reserve your permit FOR THAT DAY and there are no changes or transfers! You will lose your money for the permit if you need to cancel once the permits are purchased on your behalf.
This Nkuringo Family is already full (8 trackers already paid) as of June 20, so we will have one group tracking each day, in order to see this gorilla family. Rwanda & Uganda during the New Years Day Week holiday.
The country has been stable for many years. They are not on any embassy watch lists! Citizens of the world are safe and will enjoy exceptional hospitality and an unforgettable experience!
We will also track the golden monkeys in Rwanda and climb the Karisimbi mountain on the border with DR Congo to see Diane Fossey's camp, and the gorilla grave site.
We will also visit the children's schools in Nkuringo for an afternoon, giving donations and teaching a few lessons. This was a highlight last time, we don't want to miss it!
Kids can join, but must be 13 years old to track the gorillas.
• AIR TICKETS USD 453 / AED 1300
• All other costs: 2300 USD
• ONLINE VISA USD 100 / AED 370
• 4 nights lodging in comfortable, clean, lodges with hot water, clean and amazing fresh food, but the trip is 5 days.
• All meals from arrival to departure.
• Canoe Trip on Lake Mutanda
• Lodging is at a nice hotel in Rwanda and Uganda in small mountain village, all with hot, running, clean water, and believe it or not internet access.
• All road transportation in reliable Land Cruisers
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
• Travel insurance, emergency evacuation & health insurance. Check with your current insurer if your expat policy covers you. We recommend Global Rescue.
• You will also need to have money available for gratuities for porters, guides, drivers etc.
Founded UAE Trekkers in 2011 as a way to ensure that I always get to hike on the weekends!
Refunds offered if:
Payments you make go to the organizer, not to Meetup. You must make refund requests to the organizer.