addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Union Square Reading Group Message Board › Book Club Trip

Book Club Trip

Closed to new replies

Ion F.
ionFreeman
Brooklyn, NY
I'm floating this idea. Are you interested in going away for a week with a small group of book clubbers? You could spend a week reading and discussing books tied into themes, either three books or one long one. Say go to the Tow Path Canal Museum in Easton, or Pennsylvania Wine Country, or canoe down the Delaware for the morning, read all afternoon, cook together and dine in, then talk about the book or drink beer and listen to crickets on the screened porch. it'd probably be like six of you, and there'd be mandatory meet 'n' greets aforehand so you wouldn't be strangers.

Here's the poll, if you're interested: http://www.meetup.com...­

A lady emailed me this morning, and said if we wanted to do a trip, she had a property. I rejected this idea out of hand at first, but then realized that I, through my parents' clever investments, also had a property in need of letting! It's a time share, June 25 - July 2, in the Poconos. Now that I have in-laws, I just visit them, so I'm looking to rent out my Summer retreat.

So, that's the poll. Let me know if the idea of a book club trip has any appeal, and if my timeshare specifically fits the bill. It's a good place to read if no one's watching TV.