addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Dallas Unity Group Message Board › Meetup Venues

Meetup Venues

Robert B.
user 4548566
Austin, TX
Post #: 28
Hey all you Unity fans!

While we continue to build the number of members up a bit, I thought I would begin a discussion about venues for our meetups. While a bar or coffee shop can work well for conversations and general introductions, it is often beneficial to have access to a meeting space with a projector and screen. Many of our members will be creating some really cool demos, art, and will also present topics they are interested in.

I often find that Unity meetups work well when we actually crack open the engine :) Everybody wants to see what everyone else is doing that is cool.

It is my hope to get a meetup together during the first week of June. So, with that in mind, over the next couple weeks, I hope to identify a few locations where we can invite our members to participate in a meetup with 15 - 20 people initially. At some point, as we build momentum, we might increase the size of the space.

I don't like to charge for attending meetups, so it often best if we are able to identify venues which are free, or ask that we have a certain amount spent on a tab. Maybe you know of a location which is already hosting a tech meetup, and really likes this sort of crowd?

And yes - we love to have sponsors join us at meetups to share their tools, services, software, etc!

Please add your comments to this discussion if you have suggestions. And please do us all a favor, if you have a suggestion for a venue, try and provide the appropriate contact info so that we can follow up on your suggestions!