After the packed-out success of Unsung Live #3 (http://www.unsungstories.co.uk/blog/2016/28/4/unsung-live-3) we're happy to announce our return to The Star of Kings (http://starofkings.co.uk/) for our fourth evening of storytelling for fans of the best in contemporary speculative fiction.
This time we have reading:
• Angela Slatter is the award-winning author of the collections The Girl with No Hands and Other Tales, Sourdough and Other Stories (http://www.tartaruspress.com/slatter-sourdough.html), The Bitterwood Bible and Other Recountings (http://www.tartaruspress.com/slatter-the-bitterwood-bible.html) and Black-Winged Angels, as well as Midnight and Moonshine and The Female Factory (both co-written with Lisa L. Hannett). She has been shortlisted for numerous prestigious prizes, including the Norma K. Hemming Award, and has won the World Fantasy Award, the British Fantasy Award and five Aurealis Awards. Her short stories have appeared widely, including in annual British, Australian and North American Best Of anthologies. Vigil is her first solo novel. Angela lives in Brisbane, Australia with her husband David. T: @AngelaSlatter (https://twitter.com/AngelaSlatter) W: www.angelaslatter.com (http://www.angelaslatter.com/)
• Eli Lee is a writer with fiction and non-fiction published in The Pigeonhole, The Quietus, Delayed Gratification and the Financial Times, among others. She is Fiction Editor of literary journal Minor Literatures and Articles Editor at speculative fiction magazine Strange Horizons. T: @_els_ (https://twitter.com/_els_) W: brownducks.tumblr.com (http://brownducks.tumblr.com/)
• Malcolm Devlin's stories have appeared, or are forthcoming in Interzone, Black Static and the anthologies Aickman's Heirs, Gods Memes And Monsters and Nightscript Volume 2. He attended the Clarion West writers's workshop in 2013. Unsung Stories publish his debut collection, You Will Grow Into Them, in 2017. T: @barquing (https://twitter.com/barquing)
• Rob Boffard is a South African author who splits his time between London, Vancouver and Johannesburg. He has worked as a journalist for over a decade, and has written articles for publications in more than a dozen countries, including the Guardian and Wired in the UK. Tracer is his first novel. @robboffard (https://twitter.com/robboffard)
The event is FREE and all are welcome, but space is limited so make sure you RSVP.
And if you sign up to Unsung Shorts (http://signup.unsungstories.co.uk/shorts) you'll receive a brand-new piece of short speculative fiction delivered to your inbox once a fortnight and receive a FREE ebook (http://www.unsungstories.co.uk/the-best-of-unsung-shorts/) containing the best short stories we have published so far. http://www.unsungstories.co.uk/shorts
You can listen to the audio of our last event here (https://soundcloud.com/unsung-stories/sets/unsung-live-3-rose-biggin-ed-cox-ian-whates-stephanie-saulter) to get a taste of what an Unsung evening is like.
Here’s what people said about our previous event:
Great night at Unsung Live 3 w Ian Whates @rosebiggin @Edwardcox10 Good lit, powerful readings. Thank you @UnsungTweets!
– @scriptopus (https://twitter.com/scriptopus/status/725448268172382208?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)
Thanks @UnsungTweets & all who came tonight. Reading with @NewConPress @scriptopus & @rosebiggin, who needs to be snapped up by a publisher!
– @EdwardCox10 (https://twitter.com/EdwardCox10/status/725458418174169088?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)
Quality @UnsungTweets night of short stories from @scriptopus @rosebiggin Ian Whates @EdwardCox10. You should follow/love them all. Go on.
– @owenbooth (https://twitter.com/owenbooth/status/725436187712851969?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)
We're at @UnsungTweets live tonight. Fantastic readings so far!
– @paperchainpod (https://twitter.com/paperchainpod/status/725401367607709696?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)
Fantastic readings by @scriptopus and @rosebiggin tonight. Powerful writing is alive and well!
– @AlexanderTroup (https://twitter.com/AlexanderTroup/status/725438179281653760?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)
#unsunglive3 from @UnsungTweets was so good, I had to send Unsung a #shortstory !
– @LiamJHogan (https://twitter.com/LiamJHogan/status/725835118229770241?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)
Big high-fives to the folk at @UnsungTweets for a sterling evening of readings at #unsunglive. A vivid mix of thinking face and guffaws.
– @GarethAPearce (https://twitter.com/GarethAPearce/status/725629205690601472?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)