This is your opportunity to watch three of NYC's best data analysts go head to head in a LIVE analysis of actual NYC energy data! The three contestants will sit in three closed rooms, and each will receive cleaned datasets to analyze. They will have their screens simulcast on three projectors in the viewing area. Spectators will be able to watch as the analysts spin their magic, creating amazing data visualizations and thought provoking analyses.
There will be prizes for three categories:
1. Best data visualization (Is the data presented in a visually compelling manner?)
2. Best data analysis (Does the analysis demonstrate an interesting relationship between variables?)
3. Best predictive model (Is the model valid/useful?)
1. Jon Roberts, Chief Data Scientist, About.com
2. Mariana Cardoso, PhD candidate, Universidade Niva de Lisboa
3. Daniel Fry, Quantitative Researcher, Two Sigma Investments
1. Simon Sylvester, UFL
2. Nathaniel Doyno, Program Manager, ConEd's Small Business Energy Efficiency Program
3. Georgette Asherman, Principal Direct Effects, LLC
If you are interested in participating, please submit the following to lmfinco (at) gmail.com:
1. Your resume
2. The data visualization software you plan on using
3. The data analysis software you plan on using
The data will be in csv format. Approx. 25,000 rows of 36 rows
Emphasis will be on speed of analysis and clarity of communication. Participants will be given suggestions for possible analyses (to avoid brain freeze).
Anyone interested in sponsoring the event can also submit inquiries to lmfinco (at) gmail.com
Everyone is invited to come see what the fuss about data analytics is all about!