addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Diana F.
user 42045472
Vacaville, CA
Post #: 48
Great follow through Jen, Thanks.
Diana F.
user 42045472
Vacaville, CA
Post #: 51
Hello Chicken Friends,
we met with a member of the Vacaville City Council last Thursday it was a great positive meeting. We presented him with a rewrite of the city ordinance and zoning codes (which still do not match up if you go to the city's website) We are well on the track to getting it back into the City Council's agenda. Tell your friends and family who support us chicken owners to be patient and hopefully we will get this resolved soon. Once we get an audience with the council we will need all your support at the meeting we will keep you posted as of the dates. I know it's not moving fast enough(at least for me it's not) but I feel very positive with some patients we will get the results we are looking for. Happy Day.
Diana
Diana F.
user 42045472
Vacaville, CA
Post #: 55
Todays poll in the City of Vacaville's web site is regarding chickens if you live in Vacaville please go and weigh in. http://cityofvacavill...­
Ken & S.
user 53215832
Vacaville, CA
Post #: 23
Results so far,
Do you think chickens should be allowed within the city limits of Vacaville?
Yes, they provide a healthy source of food

66.59 % (295)
Yes, they're just chickens

3.61 % (16)
No, they make too much noise/mess/other issues

5.87 % (26)
No, bad owners will create problems in my neighborhood

1.58 % (7)
Chickens, yes; roosters, no

21.22 % (94)
I don't care - either way works for me

Julia T.
user 5033405
Vacaville, CA
Post #: 81
This is a ray of hope in what was a very dark last year and a half. They need to make keeping rabbits and chickens legal within the city ASAP. Thank you to those who were involved in the rewrite.
Diana F.
user 42045472
Vacaville, CA
Post #: 56
sounds like they are really giving chickens some consideration. please go to the website and weigh in, this is a different poll regarding registration.
http://www.cityofvaca...­
A former member
Post #: 2
Exactly where is the survey on the website. I cannot seem to find it. What section is it under so I can weigh in. I am glad this issue is still alive. I miss my chickens.
Jennifer
user 28081942
Vacaville, CA
Post #: 27
The poll on the city site has now changed to asking about charging fees to keep chickens.

http://www.cityofvaca...­

Here are the results as of 5:00 a.m. 05/07/14:

If chickens are allowed in Vacaville, would you be willing to pay a per-chicken registration fee?

Yes, not a problem to cover costs of enforcing rules
33.90 % (20)
Yes, but keep the fee as low as possible
10.17 % (6)
I don't care either way
1.69 % (1)
No, there's no need for the fee
10.17 % (6)
No, people don't have to register cats; why chickens?
32.20 % (19)
No more fees!
11.86 % (7)

Well, I've got to say that the group of us working on this have definitely got things rolling. They are feeling out what the public thinks & overwhelmingly, I think they don't have much more of a leg to stand on with the opinion that the public doesn't want them.
Julia T.
user 5033405
Vacaville, CA
Post #: 82
biggrin
A former member
Post #: 3
I voted on that pole but I was looking for the original one. The results of the pole look good and I am glad this issue is still relevant.