#VANRUBY developer nights
Every 2 weeks on Tuesday we get together to hack on cool stuff.
** Remember this is not a talk event but a night for like minded developers to code, work or discuss their projects ** (we've had some people turn up without their laptop).
• Got a problem that you keep running into?
• Maybe it's time to fix that for everyone!
• Wish the Gem you use at work comes with better documentation?
• Have a cool idea for a new project?
• Want to contribute to open source but looking for some pointers on where to start?
Bring a your laptop and code away on any of the above or anything else related to software development and ruby!
The format is very relaxed. Drop by when you can & leave when you want. We hold an informal standup at 6:30 for people to share what they are working on or would like to do that evening.
Rails helpdesk - members of our community on rotation will be running a Rails helpdesk in the corner of our venue space. We'll be there to answer your questions, problems with gems, bugs, etc. (Remember though we aren't going to build your next startup!)
Food & drink: Some nights a local sponsor sometimes buys beer, coffee or pizza.
Let's work on making the world a better place, one hack night at a time, and have fun while doing it! See you there.