addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Kelly
user 76375892
Burnsville, MN
Post #: 3
Hi guys,
I have been feeling a bit bogged down lately. I am obviously exclusively vegan, but I have been relying a lot on processed foods because my schedule has been a bit hectic, and now my body is definitely feeling it. Has anyone done a juice cleanse? How would I go about starting one? Do I need to follow a specific plan to make sure I am getting all nutrients, or can I just juice whatever I feel like? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Kristen H
user 71032092
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 3
Hi- I used to do a lot of juicing, but got frustrated with all the leftover pulp and clean up. I recently bought a NutriBullet from Bed Bath & Beyond (use their 20% off coupon). I just finished a smoothie with spinach, blueberries, pineapple, pomegranate seeds, flax seeds, cashews and coconut water. Very easy clean up and no waste. You can find the infomercial for the NutriBullet on several times a day. Today it's on the IDEA channel at 10am. If you have DirecTV you can search on NutriBullet to see the upcoming infomercials.
A former member
Post #: 36
I've never done a juice cleanse, but I use my VitaMix amlost every day and it really increases my intake of healthy foods. I can toss fruit, veggies, flax, huts, nutritional supplements, whatever in it and have a smoothie in just a few seconds and the cleanup is really easy.

I would encourage you to simply set a goal of increasing more fresh foods into your diet as opposed to doing a cleanse. But that's just me. I'm not into putting huge shocks on the body.
Tom W.
user 45829302
Lakeville, MN
Post #: 1
Hi, Kelly
I agree with the other posters and would suggest a good blender to give you a nutrient rich meal at least once a day. My daughter does juice fasts all the time but I find them difficult and agree with Dallas as to the waste of the pulp. ( Although I do use the carrots and some other things for a soup ) I work as a cashier a couple days a week at Valley Natural in Burnsville and we sell bags of organic apples and citrus for juicing or blending 1/2 price. Look for them in a big wooden box at the end of the apple display. I work monday and Friday a few hours. Fun to talk to other vegans and plant based diet people there. I'll alert my daughter to your post and she can chime in for the jiuce fasting. She is a RN, Vegan, Yogamiester. Cheers
Kelly
user 76375892
Burnsville, MN
Post #: 4
Thanks for the replies guys! I normally have a smoothie about 3 times a week. My favorite one is with a banana, mixed berries, nondairy milk, spinach/kale, and chia seeds or vegan protein powder. I think I'm just getting tired of the same old thing. I think juicing is so appealing to me right now because I want to be able to juice things I can't blend in my blender. I was always contemplating getting a high powered blender, but I've never had the cash flow to do that so I think I was looking at juicing as a way to get in more of the things that are hard to blend. If that makes sense. So for now, I think I will just have to wait until I can save enough to get one if juicing is really not the way to go. Yikes, being in college is not so fun sometimes! :)
Tom, I shop at Valley Natural Foods a few times a week, I will have to keep an eye out for you!
Thanks so much for the suggestions! You all are awesome!