Vegan Chicago's Code of Conduct
Vegan Chicago is dedicated to providing our members with enjoyable and pleasant events. With this in mind we would like to establish some ground rules for which we expect our members to abide by in exchange for the service we provide voluntarily free of charge.
By signing up as a member of the Vegan Chicago meetup you agree to this Code of Conduct policy. This is an agreement between you and Vegan Chicago just like the Meetup Terms of Service.
This policy is subject to change as necessary but the intent will always stay the same.
We ask that members respect each other and their boundaries whether it be at the events, message boards or emails through our various online presences.
The following is a the minimal code of conduct we expect:
- You understand that this is a social meetup support group and not a means to promote any other agenda, group, business or product. Your member profile for Vegan Chicago should maintain that spirit. No URLs please.
- You will not harass other people for their choices in regards to use of animal products.
- You will show courtesy and good will towards other members and users online and offline.
- You will not post content that is offensive to our mission such as photos, videos, messages, or events that promote sexism, racism, bigotry, hatred, or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual.
- You will not harass or advocate harassment of another person, such as by sending inappropriate messages or posting inappropriate comments.
- You will not distribute or disseminate inappropriate, unauthorized or unsolicited advertising or promotional offers including, but not limited to pseudoscience, spam, contests, sweepstakes, barter, junk mail, chain letters, and pyramid schemes.
- You will not invade privacy by attempting to collect, store, or publish private or personally identifiable information, including, but not limited to, password, account information, email, credit card number, address, or other contact information.
- You will not use the site to obtain personally identifiable information, or to solicit, sell, or promote to any member inappropriately.
- You will not impersonate another member, celebrity, or otherwise falsely represent yourself.
- You will not copy or reuse other members' content, such as their photos or videos, without their permission.
- You will not create "trolling" posts (deliberately posting false or provocative information in order to elicit responses from people who would not respond if they knew the motivation behind the post).
- You risk being removed from the group by doing anything illegal.
If you feel harassed or violated especially in accordance with the described code of conduct provided above please contact a Vegan Chicago organizer right away at the event or later through the contact form on the Meetup site
. We will do our best to address your concern with the utmost discretion. We will review and may act immediately upon any complaints from our members. We reserve the right to remove any member at any time, with or without warning. We reserve the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action, in our sole discretion, against anyone who violates these terms.
If you do experience an emergency, you can also call 911.
The local Chicago police department non-emergency number is 312-744-4000.
If you need a taxi, Yellow Cab runs 24/7. Their number is 312-829-4222.
*We thank the Nashville Hiking Meetup for generously sharing their forward-thinking policy with us.