addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Montclair Vegans Message Board › Upcoming events and a few other things

Upcoming events and a few other things

Dianne
user 8208735
Group Organizer
Montclair, NJ
Hi everyone!

It seems with back-to-school nights and Yom Kippur, I picked a bad night for my Creative Cooking with Tofu Class. I will be rescheduling it for sometime in October, so look for it toward the end of the month.

Last month Montclair Vegans was the top fund raising team for Farm Sanctuary's Walk for Farm Animals! Wouldn't it be great if we could do it again! To sign up, you MUST register on the walk's page: http://events.walkforfarmanimals.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.eventDetails&eventID=569­

When you sign up make sure you pick the "Join a Team" and select Montclair Vegans from the pull down menu.

If you are unable to walk but want to support the team, you can donate here: http://events.walkforfarmanimals.org/participant/veggiegirl­

While they aren't all on the calendar yet, we have some great guest speakers coming up this fall:

Rip Esselstyn on October 4th at Whole Foods West Orange

Nava Atlas on October 14th at Barnes and Noble Clifton

Terry Hope Romero on November 15th at Barnes and Noble Clifton

A few other things to keep in mind:

• If you haven't already done so, please upload a picture of yourself. We are a social group who meets frequently at people's homes, so this is needed to make sure you are who you say you are. We also need people to use their real names in their profile. People using pseudonyms will be removed from the group.
  • If you RSVP yes for an event, please make sure you actually attend. We have had poor attendance at a few events lately. It's especially important for things like author events, restaurant meals and sanctuary visits where I have to give a headcount to the organization hosting us. MeetUp makes it very easy to add events to iCal and Google Calendar and sends out frequent reminders. If you can't make it and have RSVPed yes, please change your RSVP. People who are frequent no-shows are removed from the group.
  • Please remember that comments posted on event walls get emailed to everyone who has RSVPed for that event. If you MUST right on the wall, make sure it is email worthy. I can't turn this function off and MeetUp won't change it.
  • While everyone is welcome at our events, this is a vegan group, so all food brought to events must be vegan, which means no meat (cow, pig, chicken, turkey, fish, etc), cheese, milk, yogurt, eggs or honey.
  • Please be conscious of start and end times, especially for events at people's homes.

Thank you!

Dianne