addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Tucson Vegan Meetup Message Board › The Greenheart Dining Club this Sunday

The Greenheart Dining Club this Sunday

Ben B
Organizer-Ben
Group Organizer
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 6
I wanted to let everyone know about the The Greenheart Dining Club run by Alaine Shrewsbury. Alaine's a vegan chef/baker who ran a popular vegan bakery in Los Angeles before moving to Tucson. She doesn't yet have storefront in Tucson, but takes custom orders, sells items at farmers markets and bakes for Blue Willow. She was unable to make the vegan bake sale the other day until 1:30, so many of you may have missed out on her tasty and healthy vegan desserts.

The dining club night is a fun experience. I went to the last one a few months ago. It was casual attire and there were about 20 other people seated at 4 different tables. I lucked out and was sat near local vegan Dr Crawford (Dr. Herbivore) and his wife along with another couple who turned out to be a patient of Crawford's who'd reversed a serious case of heart disease with diet alone. We had great conversation while I enjoyed the wine I brought, while being served multiple courses of healthy whole-food based vegan dishes. Alaine uses natural sweeteners like maple syrup, and I believe it's little to no added oil. It's $35 a person, but that's the total, there's no tax or tip. I was offered seconds of everything and left very stuffed! It's a unique experience, and it's pretty special we have a vegan dining club like this in town and worth supporting.

Below are the details I've been given and I told her I'd share it with some good people -- that's all of you! If you're interested, send her an email!

--------------------------------------­-------------------------

The Greenheart Dining Club is proud to announce our fourth monthly dinner, to be held Sunday, April 28th, 2013 from 5:00 to 8 pm, at our home on the eastside of Tucson. Come join us in the “bosque”, and enjoy the charm of our Territorial style wraparound porch, as we offer a wonderful healthy Vegan dinner that will herald the arrival of Spring here in Arizona.

This is a private function, by invitation only. The fee will be $35 per person. This includes a full dinner with appetizer, salad, complete with entrée, Herbal iced tea, and concluded with a special dessert.

Our chef will once again be Alaine Shrewsbury, of the famous Greenheart Bakery in Tucson. For those of you who attended our other dinners before… we hope that you will join us again… and we cordially welcome all new guests.

Seating is limited, so please e-mail or call by April 14th [this is extended and there's some seats left!] if you would like to make a reservation for this special event. We will respond with a confirming invitation, and more specific details as to how this Dinner will unfold.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Sincerely,

Alaine Shrewsbury

323-236-8788

e-mail: alainesbakery [at] sbcglobal.net

--------------------------------------­----------------------------------------­-----------

I asked Alaine what the dinner would be, and she said:

It will be Italian: we will start with a green shot from Ted's garden (as usual), then zuppa di fagioli (bean soup w/vegan sausage that I make), then lasagna w/whole grain noodles and spinach, mushrooms & broccoli, salad (again from Ted's garden, so 4 kinds of kale), and a special uncheesecake flavor: Tiramisu-inspired, and cherry-topped!