• Beginning in September, a new schedule for this walk:
• Dog friendly. We walk on the mostly-lighted recreational path from the Silver Springs Recreation Center east to Legacy Park and back. This is a nice walk with a great group.
• Evening Stroll in a nice new place. Pittman Wash has a mostly-lighted paved footpath with benches for resting; plant information markers along the way add interest; birds; creosote. Difficulty level = 1-out-of-5
• Where: we will meet at Silver Springs Rec-Center between the tennis courts and the swimming pools. We will walk approximately 3.3-mile round trip (about an hour) on the paved walkway, including a brief rest and regroup at Legacy Park where there are drinking fountains, restrooms, tables, and benches.
• To get to the trailhead: from Green Valley Parkway (between Warm Springs and Windmill, near Robindale and the train tracks) go east on SilverSprings until you come to the Rec-Center on the south side of the street. See the map (link below) for details.
• The Rec-Center is located at:
1951 Silver Springs Parkway
Henderson, NV 89074
between Green Valley Parkway and Valle Verde,
north of Windmill, south of Warm Springs.
More info on Pittman Wash (http://www.lvwash.org/html/what_index.html) and a map of our route (http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/2697/pittwash.png)
Henderson area weather: KHND weather report (http://www.wund.com/US/NV/Henderson/KHND.html)
Tennis shoes ("sneakers") are fine but walking shoes are better for your feet. Please bring enough water for yourself and your dog, and a light because we are out after sunset. The paved path is also used by bicyclists, so please be aware of their presence and leave room for them to pass.