4 days ago · 7:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
~ Cornel will be unable to attend the Monday evening walk from the last week of October to mid-December, due to employment-related issues (Jobligations?) but experienced Trail-walkers will be there to greet and guide newcomers.
• 7PM Monday/Thursday evening walk
• Dog friendly. We walk on the mostly-lighted recreational path from the Silver Springs Recreation Center east to Legacy Park and back. This is a nice walk with a great group.
• Evening Stroll in a nice new place. Pittman Wash has a mostly-lighted paved footpath with benches for resting; plant information markers along the way add interest; birds; vegetation; rabbits. Difficulty level = 1-out-of-5
• Where: we will meet at Silver Springs Rec-Center between the tennis courts and the swimming pools on the south side of the street. We will walk approximately 3.3-mile round trip (about an hour) on the paved walkway, including a brief rest and regroup at Legacy Park where there are drinking fountains, restrooms, tables, and benches.
• To get to the trailhead: from Green Valley Parkway (between Warm Springs and Windmill, near Robindale and the train tracks) go east on SilverSprings until you come to the Rec-Center on the south side of the street. See the map (link below) for details.
• The Rec-Center is located at:
1951 Silver Springs Parkway
Henderson, NV 89074
between Green Valley Parkway and Valle Verde,
north of Windmill, south of Warm Springs.
More info on Pittman Wash and a map of our route
Henderson area weather: KHND weather report
Tennis shoes ("sneakers") are fine but walking shoes are better for your feet. Please bring enough water for yourself and your dog, and a light because we are out after sunset. The paved path is also used by bicyclists, so please be aware of their presence and leave room for them to pass.