addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The New Orleans Vegetarian Meetup Message Board › New Meetup: Protest Live Animal Use in Trauma Training at Tulane School of M

New Meetup: Protest Live Animal Use in Trauma Training at Tulane School of Medicine

A former member
Announcing a new Meetup for The New Orleans Vegetarian Meetup!

What: Protest Live Animal Use in Trauma Training at Tulane School of Medicine

When: Wednesday, June 2, 2010 12:00 PM

Where:
Tulane University School of Medicine
1430 Tulane Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70112

On Wednesday, June 2nd, we will gather for a peaceful protest in front of Tulane University School of Medicine, 1430 Tulane Avenue, from 12-2. Banners and posters will be provided, so just bring yourselves.

Out of 209 trauma training courses, about 9 schools still use live animals to teach trauma training rather than the state-of-the-art simulators that the rest do. Tulane has these simulators on site, yet continue to use live pigs to teach the course every 6 weeks. The next course is scheduled for June 5-6, and we would like to exert pressure on Tulane to give up this practice before the next pigs are used and destroyed.

Please be there and bring friends!

Learn more here:
http://vegetarian.mee...­
A former member
Post #: 6
Leslie:
I'm dedicated to making this my first animal rights protest stand. However, I might be late, due to the business I told you about Monday night. Will a late-comer be disruptive?

Dion