2nd ride to start the training for the season ahead. This will be a short training ride followed by hot coffee/tea at Cosi for those that want.
This is considered a B to A ride with constant up and downs, but all are welcome so long as they know the route. A lot of it is on the same roads as the Fresh Bikes Arlington ride.
Should be comfortable w/ your climbing skills and riding on roads with decent amount of traffic. Meant to be a good workout for base miles and the climbing legs.
NOTE: A LIABILITY WAIVER WILL NEED TO BE SIGNED BEFORE THE RIDE - If you don't sign one you will not be allowed to participate in the ride - I will have waivers at the ride start.
Total distance:approx 33 miles
Total elevation climbed: approx 3,100 feet
Pace: Medium: 15-17 mph avg; On the category systems call it a B/B+ ride
Terrain: Constantly rolling, a few good early season hills
Start/Finish: Ballston Metro/Orange Line
Highlights: Rosslyn Climb, Military Road, lots of climbing and tired legs
The route can be viewed at the link below:
HELMETS ARE REQUIRED FOR PARTICIPATION:
- ID, spare tube, portable tire pump recommended
- clip in cleats or cages highly recommended
- This is a no stop ride so bring enough drink/food to get you through 30 miles - We can grab a bite after the ride at the Cosi next to the Metro
- The event will be cancelled/postponed in event of rain/snow or if its just too darn cold
- email me if you have any questions