Location visible to members
VeloDCity travels to the state capital of Maryland: Annapolis. This historical city(and county) was named after Queen Anne of Britain in 1694. Did you also know that Annapolis briefly served as the capitol of the United States from 1773 - 1774. Today the city is home to the Maryland State House, the United States Naval Academy and probably more relevant to our group: the finish point to the annual Race Across America/RAAM (http://www.raceacrossamerica.org/). While we're not riding from Oceanside, CA - we will ride on some familiar scenic roadways from the Galesville and Davidsonville rides. Interested? Then sign and join your fellow members in the special fun ride.
Est Distance: 52 miles / 26 miles single direction
Terrain: Rolling to hilly
Pace: Med(15 - 17 mph)
Highlights: The State House, Annapolis Harbor, Furry Creature Sightings, Some of the most scenic roads in the area.
- All rides are 'No Drop', for nobody will be left behind.
- Helmets , ID, spare tube, bike lock/cable will be required .
- Snacks and liquids can be purchased.
- The event will be canceled/postponed if it rains.
- Email me if you have any questions