addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

VeloDCity: a Washington Area Bicycling Group Message Board › May 21-22, weekend C&O tour to Harper's Ferry and back

May 21-22, weekend C&O tour to Harper's Ferry and back

A former member
Post #: 1
Hey everybody,

I'm planning on biking up the C&O to Harper's Ferry (~70 miles) on Saturday, May 21, camping Saturday night, and biking back to DC on Sunday- so ~140 miles over two days. I've done this a couple times before. There's a nice spot to camp a couple miles up from Harper's Ferry (Blueberry Hill or something?). There's a well, outhouse, fire pit, table, beautiful views, etc.

It'd be great to get a group together. Obviously, you'd need to be set up for touring: panniers, tent, etc. I have a stove, but depending on how many people we get together, it'd probably be good to have more than one.

Thanks- let me know if you're interested!

Matt
A former member
Post #: 7
Hi Matt,
I would be very interested in coming, I have a new bike trailer to break in, but the problem is that it interferes with the Galesville ride as well as Bike DC the next day. Would you be open to doing it the following weekend?

-Danny
A former member
Post #: 4
Hey Danny,

Yeah, I assumed that a lot of people on this list serve would already have committed to Bike DC. I'm definitely going that weekend, though. I'm signed up for a half-marathon the following Sunday, and I'd like to get on the trail before it gets too hot.

That said, I'll be doing other weekend tours throughout the summer. I'll be sure to post here again.

Thanks,

matt