addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Mickey
mieshie
Waldorf, MD
Post #: 39

Just for the record:

Most of the roads that we used on this past weekend's "Ride on Indian Head" are part of the annual, locally famous century ride called the INDIAN HEAD 100.

This is one of the area's most celebrated, best supported century rides, and gets riders from all over the D.C. area.

It is also affordable in today's tough economy. Last year is was $25, and includes 5 rest stops and one of them includes a hot breakfast cooked at the first rest stop.

Last year is was drizzly and wet, so the turn out wasn't as good as it usually is - but hopefully the weather will be kinder this year.

We should think of posting this is a veloDCity meetup. I think most members would be very pleased at doing this ride.

For more information, visit Oxon Hill Bicycles & Trail Club's website at www.ohbike.org

Regards,
Mickey
Erin
EMCindc
Washington, DC
Post #: 32
I've been looking at that and Backroads (Century for me, but both have several options)...and would welcome a group for either -

Both websites below:

Backroads

Indian Head
duck
seagrave
Takoma Park, MD
Post #: 6
I am going to ride the Indian Head Century,and it would be more enjoyable with some familiar faces!
duck
seagrave
Takoma Park, MD
Post #: 7
I almost forgot about the St Marys Century 9/17/2011.
Mickey
mieshie
Waldorf, MD
Post #: 40
i'll be at the Indian Head 100. I'll look into the Backroads Century as well.

Here's another one I am partaking in on September 3rd:

I've consistently ridden this one in years past: http://abrtcycling.co...­

You can download a free PDF copy of the routes.

Erin
EMCindc
Washington, DC
Post #: 33
Backroads is now sold out so I hope to definitely be doing this...
Sidney
user 16870341
Alexandria, VA
Post #: 1
I'm looking at doing the full century. What's the course like? How much climbing?
ChrisR
user 6077080
Frankfurt, DE
Post #: 192
I'm considering this century if I can get a ride to and from the event. Unfortunately, it's just a little too far to ride to from Arlington. I did manage to get registered for PPTC's Back Roads century the following weekend.
Erin
EMCindc
Washington, DC
Post #: 34
I am planning on the full 100 -

There is a link to routes on mapmyride on the website linked above - The route looks like it has lots of rollers but no big climbs... (?)

I've never used a rack on my car as far as giving a ride, but can look into it - and would love to plan to at least start with anyone else going, even if speeds end up different over the course of the ride...I'll pace myself but expect to avg about 15-16mph
duck
seagrave
Takoma Park, MD
Post #: 8
I will not be able to join you all for this adventure I have to work.If anyone else has the same problem there will be a St Marys century on 9/17/2011 that's a Saturday. And I am looking for any training rides anyone is doing to get ready.