addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

VeloDCity: a Washington Area Bicycling Group Message Board › Group Ride for July 23rd

Group Ride for July 23rd

A former member
Post #: 9
SUNDAY 09:30AM -- OUTSIDE ROSSLYN METRO (BLUE LINE).

This will be an easy (C) ride, so please join us. For those of you registered to our group but who yet to join us for a ride, please note that we all wait for each other i.e. NO ONE gets dropped. We're a friendly group with an international mix of characters, with mountain bikes, hybrids, and road racers.

I'm riding to Purcellville this Saturday morning for some stamina and mental training for the upcoming Reston Century, but I should have some legs left for our Sunday ride. I hope.

My cell is 202-607-7047. Let me know if you're running late or if you decide at the last minute not to show up. The temp should be in the mid-80s this Sunday, which should make the ride much more comfortable. I will bring my camera to take some funny pics of you all while going up some hills : ), to be posted on the site!

Any Qs, shoot me an email or post.

Cheers,
Julio
Keri A.
user 3029236
Washington, DC
Post #: 1
I am new to the group and look forward to joining you on Sunday. Thanks for organizing a Sunday ride - see you then. Keri Ann
Ethan
VeloFellow
Huntington Beach, CA
Post #: 10
Hey Julio - Since I'm coming down from Silver Spring, MD, would it be possible if I could meet you guys on the Key Bridge(VA side)?

Also, I'd be interested in riding up to Purcellville on Saturday if you don't mind me meeting up with you. I'm also doing the Reston Century coming up next month and am in need of some good training rides.
A former member
Post #: 10
Phong - sure, meet us on the VA side of Key Bridge for this Sunday's ride. For Saturday, of course we can ride together. Meet me at East Falls Church Metro (Orange Line) on Saturday at 09:00am.

Chris, join us. If you don't wanna join us at East Falls Church metro, we can always meet you in Ashburn. Let me know.

Julio
A former member
Post #: 6
This Saturday to Purcelville - I'm in.

Wait, did I just agree to subject myself to that pain again? Ugh...

Tell you what, since you'll be leaving the Metro stop at 9:30 AM how about I ride my bike to meet you there? I can get out on the trail earlier and meet you guys where we started last week. I'll just cut off on the way back from Purcelville and head back to the house when we cross Loudoun County Parkway on the way back. That way I get the entire 80+ mile ride in, get an early start, and save like $50 in gas in my truck. :-)

Julio - I'll be sure to bring my cell and your number so I can call you if I'm running behind on the way to Falls Church, but I intend to be there early to get a break before we start off again. Hopefully I won't hold you guys back too much...

Not sure if I'll make the Sunday ride - we'll see how I feel after Saturday.

Anyone else up for the Purcelville ride?
Ethan
VeloFellow
Huntington Beach, CA
Post #: 11
Julio - Sounds good. Looking forward to riding to Purcelville on Saturday.
Esther
user 2867907
Washington, DC
Post #: 5
hello hello,

Okay-- Sunday it is. 9:30am at Rosslyn metro. great! this means that I can stay out longer on Friday night and sleep in Sat.....ahhhhh.

chausito,
Esther
A former member
Post #: 11
OK Chris, we'll all meet at EAST FALLS CHURCH METRO @ 9:00AM on Saturday. If you can't make it by that time, we'll meet up on the trail.

I guess we'll bike as our legs feel on Saturday. Personally, I just wanna put some more miles in, I'm not necessarily looking to do the 21-25 mph for stretches at a time we did last weekend on our way back from Purcellville. But if the legs are there, why not, let's fly.

Not necessarily on Saturday, but I am interested in riding the Reston Century as follows: 40% moderate, 35% hard, 25% all out. I haven't ridden "all out" for a while, so I'd be interested in what types of hallucinations I may encounter on the trail ! haha I'd be interested to hear from you and Phong as to how you plan to ride Reston Roubaix.

After seeing Landis bonk badly yesterday at the Tour, it reminded me that that can happen to any one. I once bonked thrice on the W&OD before, and that was hell. But it was my fault i.e. poor nutrition, poor training, and a heavy dose of overconfidence. All the weekend rides have been good preparation for our group's Purcellville ride.

We'll be ok this weekend. The temp will be less of a factor. Just make sure to eat some pasta on Friday night and get a good night's sleep. I'll make sure to pack up on the gels, and we can always stop to pick up some gatorade.

By the way, I may be wearing my new Iron Maiden Piece of Mind cycling jersey, so I may be pretty hardcore on Saturday! : ) It's a black jersey, so I may skip it so avoid overheating, we'll see. Ahhh..., I do miss my New Wave of British Heavy 80s Metal days...

Cheers,
Julio
Ethan
VeloFellow
Huntington Beach, CA
Post #: 12
Julio - Not sure if you are taking the metro or driving to East Falls Church. I'll be driving there and parking in the parking lot. I can meet you at the station entrance area. Just in case, my cell number is 301.633.7682. See you tomorrow morning. - Phong
A former member
Post #: 12
Phong - I'm biking to East Falls Church, a short ride from home, Ballston. See you there at 9:00am.

Julio