addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

VeloDCity: a Washington Area Bicycling Group Message Board › 2012 Bike DC Registration

2012 Bike DC Registration

Gregg
Group Organizer
Washington, DC
Greetings All,

The VeloDCity group will be participating in this year's Bike DC which is scheduled for Saturday, May 13th, 2012.  Unlike past year's edition, WABA(Washington Area Bicycling Association) is providing a team discount(12 individuals or more) to participants.  As a result, the registration process could be slightly more complicated than normal.  If you already registered individually or with another group, you can disregard the following instructions.

1) When you go online to register, you will be inquired about who's being registered.  That would be you.  Then under "Registration Options", please choose "Adult Joining a Group or Team"

2) Check the waiver box "I understand and agree to the waiver and release*" and click continue.

3) Choose your distance options(24 miles/$40 or 11 miles/$30)

4) Select "VeloDCity" from the Group or Team Name pull down list and fill out the online form(name, address, etc).  Click "Proceed to Checkout".

5) Use the promotional code "DCTEAMZ113" to apply for the team discount. 

6) Please confirm your registration on the VeloDCity event page by indicating your a) route option and b) the group you will be riding with(VeloDCity, etc) in your RSVP comment field.

Finally, please keep in mind that online registration closes 5/5/2012. If you should have any questions or problems, then please feel free to contact me. 

Many Regards,
gregg
Stephen_N
j_s_nightingale
Rockville, MD
Post #: 348
Gregg,

What time do you intend for the Group to start?

We have the Metro problem in the opposite direction: can't get on till 7 a.m., and about 40 minutes ride time down to Metro Center, hence no possible chance of getting to the start much before 8 a.m.

Stephen.

Gregg
Group Organizer
Washington, DC
Post #: 546
Hello Stephen,

Since it's an open start(7am - 8:15am), I would recommend that you start as soon as you arrive. As a group, we'll probably start around 7:30~7:40am. I will be not be going anywhere particularly fast and linger around the finish to greet members. We can meet for a social eating session somewhere downtown. Perhaps 'Busboy and Poets' or 'Taylor Gourmet' on 5th and K Street NW.

Finally, for those of you who have yet to register: please use the amended instructions above and disregard the "VeloDC" code that I emailed earlier. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Bests,
gregg
Gregg
Group Organizer
Washington, DC
Post #: 548
Greetings All,

The packets for Sunday's Bike DC event has arrived. Your individual package will comprise of a rider/bike identification bib, route map, zip ties, safety pins and t-shirt coupons. For those of you who ordered the t-shirt, there is a slight issue: they didn't come with the main package. The issue has been addressed with WABA and I'm awaiting a final word on the matter. Until then I would advise you to pick up your packets at one of the dates below and I hope to have some instructions to report shortly.

If you had not registered yet and wish to, you still can. Online registration will be available until 11:59pm Saturday, May 12th at($40 full ride/$30 family ride). Same day onsite participation will also be available from 6am - 7am near the ride start($50 full ride/ $40 family ride).

- The start of the ride will take place at 3rd St NW and Madison Drive NW.

- The finish will take place at Walt Whitman Park at 20th Street NW and E Street NW.

- There will be a group post-race brunch session, location to be determined. If you're interested, please indicate so in your RSVP comment field. It will help me with the planning part.

Special Times to Note:
- The start line will close at 7:30am
- Access to Rock Creek Parkway ends at 8am
- Access to GW Parkway ends at 8:45am
- All riders must reach the finish line by 11:30am

For folks arriving from the suburbs:
I highly recommend that you drive to the start due to Metro's weekend schedule(opens at 7am). There should be plenty of street parking and garages available. If possible, use the message board/comment fields to make carpool arrangements.

For those of who registered with the VeloDCity Cycling Group:
You can pick up your packets at one of the one of the following times. Please let me know which event you plan to attend so that I can be on the look out for you.

Thursday, May 9th: 5:30pm - 7:30pm
Noodles & Company(Pentagon City)

1201 S. Joyce Street
Arlington, VA 22202

Friday, May 10th: 5:30pm - 7:30pm
Teaism(Penn Quarter/Archives metro station)

400 8th Street NW
Washington DC 20004

Sunday, May 13th: 6am - 7:15am
Start Line, Same Day Registration area

(I'll be wearing the red VeloDCity jersey with matching bag)

Bests,
gregg