addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

VeloDCity: a Washington Area Bicycling Group Message Board › Gettysburg ride???

Gettysburg ride???

Colin
ColinWDC
Washington, DC
Post #: 55
I'm interested.
Matt
mmpasta
Arlington, VA
Post #: 40
So I scouted this ride over the weekend. Non-battlefield portion covers portions of the Gettyburg area sections of the Civil War Century (both full and metric). Mostly rolling hills with a couple short, but not difficult climbs. Definitely think should do this portion 1st, then lunch, then the leisurely battlefield tour portion. While I originally wanted to schedule this ride for sometime this summer, if it's like this past weekend it can get quite hot, especially since a lot of the ride is exposed farm land and the battlefield does not have a lot of tree cover in portions of it. Might make sense to make this a late September or October ride. The battlefield crowds will be smaller as well.

Thoughts?
Al S.
BikeCaseForRent
Potomac, MD
Post #: 212
Hi Matt
FYI.. on the Sept and Oct Horizons for me are Civil War Century, Reston PPTC Backroads and Seagull.. so it would be little event crowded for me