addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

VeloDCity: a Washington Area Bicycling Group Message Board › Anyone want to do Davidsonville -Sunday, August 26 ?

Anyone want to do Davidsonville -Sunday, August 26 ?

Erin
EMCindc
Washington, DC
Post #: 48
I missed it when the group did it earlier (maybe even twice?), and its one of my favorites...

For anyone not familiar, the start is Davidsonville MD, High School - the route is 65 miles of lots of rolling farmland, with a lunch stop at North Beach, and other nice water views on the way back.

I ride about 14-15 mph, am not doing the Reston Century, so that day is open.

Anyone ????
A former member
Post #: 1
Possibly would do on Sunday the 25th. I volunteer at the patapsco valley state park Avalon visitor center on Saturday the 24th.
What start time?
Erin
EMCindc
Washington, DC
Post #: 49
Sunday works for me. 9:30?
joe
user 5670247
Reston, VA
Post #: 60
I might be game on the 25th. By "high school", do you mean Southern HS on Solomons Island Road?

Do you have a link to your route?

Also, when I ride down there I like to go to Deale post-ride for seafood and beer on a waterside deck instead of a long mid-ride stop. Just an idea.

Thanks!
Erin
EMCindc
Washington, DC
Post #: 50
Yes, I do thank thats the place -

Here's a link to the route that Gregg posted previously (Thanks Gregg!)

route link

North Beach is a good half way point - there is a cafe good for a short snack stop - Your suggestion for a longer postride meal is also most welcome !

I am going to post this invite on another site as well.
A former member
Post #: 2
Southern HS at 9:30 on the 25th. That is a Saturday, right? I was thrown off by calling the 24th a weekend, which is Friday. If it's Saturday the 24th I have to do my volunteer job.
joe
user 5670247
Reston, VA
Post #: 61
Thanks, Erin. That route hits some new roads for me and takes others I've only done in the opposite direction.

Good catch about the date. Are we talking Saturday or Sunday? Either would work for me that weekend.
Erin
EMCindc
Washington, DC
Post #: 52
Yes. Sunday. Thanks.
joe
user 5670247
Reston, VA
Post #: 62
I manually remapped the route into RideWithGPS. This allows you to print out decent cue sheets.
Follow the link and you'll see "Print Map" and "Print Cuesheet" towards the lower right.

http://ridewithgps.co...­

And this is the place in Deale that I've gone to previously for post-ride replenishments. On the water, good oysters, crab cakes and fried green tomatoes.
http://www.skipperspi...­

I have a couple other friends that will be riding the same area that day but they are in the final two weeks of triathlon training so will be doing a different route. But, I plan on meeting them at Skippers afterward.

Have a good weekend!
Erin
EMCindc
Washington, DC
Post #: 53
looks like a good place - thanks for the suggestion !