addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

VeloDCity: a Washington Area Bicycling Group Message Board › Impromptu ride Feb 20th Hills PLUS...

Impromptu ride Feb 20th Hills PLUS...

A former member
Post #: 1
Anyone willing to take a crack at Feb 17th ride on Wed Feb 20 PM with me?
This is based upon the initial hill ride canceled on the 17th due to weather conditions. We had 40 riders signed up and it felt horrible that mother nature had other plans.
The majority of the route is posted on the Feb 17th ride listing with a possible optional extension through to brickyard depending on how everyone feels.
This impromptu is based on a 30-45 mile ride with average speeds 15-18 depending upon the group. I promise to stop at the crest of the hills to make clipping in easier and the sighting of the group in case we get a bit distanced.
I hope this may be good to get a primer with enough time to recover before the big weekend ride.
I'll carry extra bottles and snacks so we'll be alright I if the ride gets extended.
I'm bringing some munchies money a the usual post ride feeding frenzy may occur.
Putting rubber to the hill roads soon! ;-)
A former member
Post #: 2
Meet up will happen at 13:30 at the Ballston MU Station Cosi. Please confirm via Message if you will attend.
A former member
Post #: 3
Excellent ride! The hills were TOUGH!!! There was a bit of a detour as Old Glebe road has MEGA construction which resulted in an even more difficult set of climbs through the neighborhoods surrounding the original route.
ChrisR
user 6077080
Frankfurt, DE
Post #: 277
Yeah, the Washington Area Bike Forum was reporting last Friday that the intersection of Glebe/Old Glebe was closed. That's actually been a mess since a water main break there about two years ago. One of the workers doing the repair was electrocuted.
A former member
Post #: 4
Wow that is scary... Electrocuted doing a water repair!
Chris are you going to make it to the Alexandria hill trip? I wanted to try the ride before I signed up as I was quite funny rerouting over the hill course posted on the web.